Store Apps Updating Error - build 9888

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lolindirfab, Dec 4, 2014.

1. lolindirfab

lolindirfab MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Hi guys, quick and simple question.
    Every time I try to Update an App from the Store, error 0x80073cf1 "This App wasn't installed - View Details" appears.

Is happening in Build 9888 and the same thing happened to me with build 9879.

I've tried almost everything, including the official Apps Troubleshooting.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well u still in beta....i have not play with store apps yet not sure if their working or not....ill post back my results.

3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

Attached Files:

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And what's about the Time Zone (UTC/GMT ??h)? If that isn't set to your location you'll get that error!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

Attached Files:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I don't know where your living, I asked that question! If you're Canadian and your Time Zone is UTC -8h than there shouldn't be a problem, but if you're from California which has the same -8h, it would be a problem because Windows will use the correct Zone settings from ISP for to compare correct or not!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lolindirfab

lolindirfab MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    This worked, but with Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online and Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online, and selecting the specific packages. I didn't have luck with the three apps that didn't update, just one.

Is there a way to remove everything from scratch?

Thanks!!

8. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    the app store is working now....go figure?

9. arseny92

arseny92 MDL Secret Weapon

Sep 22, 2009
    As you didn't specify the apps you didn't have luck with, the answer is that all telepaths are on an indefinite vacation, as we don't know the specific apps you have issues with and what are their capabilities. In case appxlog returns this, it's a known issue with no resolution so far.
    To remove all provisioned default apps, use the same set of cmdlets. As well use Get-AppxPackage with Remove-AppxPackage to uninstall the apps from your profile. Afterwards use Store to reinstall them.

10. lolindirfab

lolindirfab MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    I'm really sorry, lol. You're right. The ones that didn't succeed are: One Note and Reader. Mail, Calendar, People did it fine.
    Thanks!

11. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Is it possible to use an APP from the store on an older version of Windows?

12. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    The easiest way to update Mail, Calendar, People and Reader apps is to uninstall them first, restart your machine and then install apps again. While doing this, you can encounter error message again, but after hitting "try again" button one or two times app should install successfully. Although this workaround doesn't work with OneNote.