Strange Burning Issue with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jimwatts, Sep 24, 2009.

1. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    #1 jimwatts, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate RTM on my Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop and when i try to burn a dvd with VSO Convert To Dvd It says burn process successful but when you try to read the dvd in either another machine or dvd player it is blank. First i thought Nero 9 may be conflicting so i did a clean install of Windows 7 with only VSO Convert to dvd installed. Same thing happened!
    When i check event viewer it says CDROM Controller error so i thought reinstall chipset drivers which changed the cd drive properties from ATA to IDE so tried again and same problem....burnt successfully and another blank dvd. My drive reads dvds and cds fine and also burns fine under Vista. It's a tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-l632h. Looked for imapi burning in services and couldn't find anything also did some searching on the net which suggested deleting a registry key for upper and lower filters, but on checking this key it has no upper or lower filters. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also before i re installed Windows tried burning with Nero 9 too and had the same problem. I am using the latest VSO Convert to DVD which according to their website is compatible with Windows 7.

Many thanks

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Create iso (not direct burn). Then burn with Windows own engine.
    See what happens, good starting point for testing

sebus

3. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    burning issues

i had burning issues with wmp 12,it would burn all the directories for the songs,then in a few seconds,say finished,but only burn 2 or 3 songs and the rest was just the number for the songs,i uninstall wmp12 and installed 11 and haven't had any troubles and it minimizes to the taskbar as well.wmp 12 doesn't.

4. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    iso burning

I saved it as an ISO and burned using windows 7 own software and it worked fine but not with Nero 9 or VSO Covert to dvd.

5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I'd suggest you find different software to use then... Nero kinda sucks and is bloated.
    As for VSO Convert(X?) to DVD I think you can get many of the same features from TMPEGenc.

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    So you have "perfect" two step solution, problem solved

sebus

7. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    i checked the dvd on another pc and it was blank (also no burn rings) Tried burning with nero 9 as well as vso convert and was still blank. setting VSO convert to dvd to create iso then using windows 7 own software worked though....

8. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Try the Newest Version of ConvertXtoDVD 3.8.0.193f it has a new VSO burning engine and is Win 7 compatible.
    I use it all the time on Win 7 7600 RTM x86 and it works perfectly.

9. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I had the same problem once.
    Found out it was the writer problem.
    Change writer and solve my problem.

10. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    sounds like the dvdburner drive is dieing or dead

11. Zebady

Zebady MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I had exactly the same problem and did what a previous corespondent suggested, replaced the writer, the problem went but retured a few burns later! I then totaly cleaned out the program and reloaded it - no more problems even with the original writer and that was several months and many DVD's ago.