Strange folders files ok for delete?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Smokva, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Smokva

Smokva MDL Novice

May 13, 2017
    My uninstaller identified some 'questionable' files that appear to be orphaned and is asking ME what to do with them. Evidently the program looks for 'leftovers' and identifies possible items that may have been leftover by their uninstallers. Thing is... I didn't really uninstall anything as of yet, so they can't be leftovers. Still, this is what it says:
    Program Files orphan - Confidence: Questionable
    :confused:

I tried to identify the files and am having some trouble with some of the extensions (some sites even insinuating I typed them in wrong... I can practically see them smirking).

1. C:\Program Files\AMD\amdkmpfd (3 files inside) amdkmpfd.csz amdkmpfd.isz & amdkmpfd.ssz
    Note: I checked the device drivers and I do have an AMD high def audio (which I disabled) but it is pointing to the sys32 folder - so they can't be drivers. So what are they? Also worth noting, there are no other files or folders under the AMD folder and I don't have any AMD ui installed.

2. - C:\Program Files & \Program Files (x86) --> \MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0 & v3.5 (2 files inside) Workflow.Targets & Workflow.VisualBasic.Targets
    Note: I do think this has something to do with the .NET install, but the question is... do I need it? Are these leftovers from the install? Or are they required files?

3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\RedistList (2 files inside) AssemblyList_4_client & AssemblyList_4_extended (both xml docs)
    Note: Again, simply need to know whether these are leftovers after my .NET install or required files.

Obviously I would prefer not to have superfluous files on my system and would love to delete them. If the uninstaller didn't tag them as 'questionable' and possibly 'orphaned', I wouldn't have touched them. But if it considers them (possibly) insignificant.... maybe I could delete them?

All advice welcome other than 'delete it and see what happens'. That piece of advice is redundant. ;)
    Thanks in advance.