Strange oem install message

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by weberman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I have tried an OEM install on a Gigabyte 2.1 bios motherboard. I have done this many times in the past, but now I get message in the Control Panel/System page that I have never seen before.

3 days until automatic activation. Activate Windows Now.:confused:

The OEM files Gigabyte info and wall paper etc.

Is this something ne or do I need to do something.

I will wait the three days, I guess, and se what happens.:confused:

2. bpwnes

bpwnes MDL Member

Aug 11, 2015
    That message means Windows isn't currently activated. If you are doing SLP and it already has the key & cert installed, you can try from an admin command prompt > "slmgr.exe /ato"

3. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    I tried and got Product Activation Failed. Could the key be blacklisted. I know there is no true Gigabyte key.

Suggestions!

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4 Enthousiast, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Is it a legit OEM system or a selfbuild system and did you mod the bios? Or did you use DAZ' Windows Loader (it's frequently misused as "OEM" activation)? Did you use the Multi_OEM Project files without having a slic2.1 table in the bios?

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    It is a self built with a modded 2.1 Gigabyte UEFI bios. Installed as a Gigabyte system. All the Gigabyte logo and wallpapers, even the tech support number. No loader of any kind used.

7. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Well, I have trouble now. I read on another thread in this forum about the No Slic with UEFI and it said to use RWEverything. I installed RWEverything and it killed my computer. I no longer have a boot device and the bios does not even have a boot section in it.

All I get is No Boot Device and an Enter Setup option.

It is a good thing, I don't need this computer for a while.

If I could get it up and running (activated) I was going to upgrade to Windows 10.

There is probably a way to go straight to WIN 10 but I can't seem to find the way without a valid serial.

I am giving up for now I guess as I have been fooling with this almost all day. (UEFI has changed the ball a bit) I have a 5 TB HD that I want to use in the biggest configuration possible (GPT)

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

WEB

8. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    After a little research it looks like the key that is in the Gigabyte file is the blocked DELL key XXXXX-OEM-8992662-00497. Is it possible to insert a different key into the Gigabyte file?

Just a brain storm.

WEB

9. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #10 CaptainKirk1966, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    There are no blocked oem;slp Dell keys. If you wish to use oem;slp method, you must first solve your missing slic problem. It sure sounds like you bios mod attempt failed.

Edit - the partial key in your mgadiag is an asus key, not a dell