Strange problem in xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by JohnnyRebel, Sep 26, 2009.

1. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Yes, I would recommend it if you only have your internal drives. - But I personal don't use that feature. I install that feature on most of my customers PC's as it provides easy recovery for them and it works very well for them. For me, I use The Boot CD and the Windows interface. I'll tell you why I use it that way. Simple, If my system drive decides to have a stroke and die that startup manager would die right along with it. I do not backup to my internal Drives, so having a safe zone for me means having all backups stored externally.. Acronis provides that feature for the millions of people who only have their internal drive or drives. True backups should be done to external media and should be redundant.

Yes it does get good ratings, but I have never used it.

I have always had problems with ghost restoring from the backups it takes. But I did use the older versions quite a bit. I don't have to much person use on the newer versions because I have been using Acronis for the last 2 or more years.

2. JohnnyRebel

JohnnyRebel MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    external backup it is!! gonna test out a few backups ive made with acronis just to feel that much safer ya know.... whats the good of backup if they dont work hahaha

thanks for all the helphighspeedmac... backup/recovery was one of those things i really didnt pay much attention to and really shouldve... thanks again for all the help

cheers!

3. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Neither do most of my first time customers. Especially the ones that show up with completely fried Hard drives.

I feel so bad when I see their faces, when I tell them "your drive is dead, let me have your Backup so I can restore your personal files for you, after I put a new drive in for you".

Them: Backup??:confused: , But my son graduation pictures are on there..

Me: Please don't cry. :(

4. ddemetrius456

ddemetrius456 MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009