Strange problem with "Travel" & "Netflix" apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TheBaldOne, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi All!

I'm dual booting 7 & 8 Pro (180 day activated). Everything works on Win8 apart from the Bing Travel and Netflix apps.
    Travel just sticks on a whit screen with Bing Travel at the top and the Netflix app just loads for a few seconds and then drops away back to the metro screen! Everything else works flawlessly including games from the store (Pinball etc) and all my drivers are up to date.

Both apps have been uninstalled/reinstalled many times but it makes no difference... Any ideas would be much appreciated!

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Try to run sfc.exe /scannow first.
    You could also Uninstall then go to "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" (might need to take ownership) and remove maybe whats leftover of these apps you uninstalled (might help.. doesnt have to)
    If that won't fix it you might have to use the "refresh" feature of Windows 8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Cheers! I'll try and let you know how it goes :animatedwink:

4. TheBaldOne

TheBaldOne MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    VERY happy bunny!!!:biggrin: Many thanks Shenj, had to go down the "refresh" route but it now all works fine!