Stuck on OOBE

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by lazalem, Aug 5, 2015.

1. lazalem

lazalem MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2012
    My installation can't get past the OOBE screen.

Here's the sequence of my OOBE:
    Region/Language/Keyboard/Zone -> Skip Product Key -> Legal Stuff -> Wi-Fi Setup -> Use Express Settings -> Processing Screen -> PC restarts then back to step1

I tried the following:
    Shift+F10 -> slmgr.vbs /ato (activation successful)
    Ctrl+Shift+F3 -> Audit Mode -> Created Local Account with Administrator privileges

By the way, I used dism to install the install.wim from the W10 Pro ISO. Before that, I did an offline removal of certain Features and Windows Apps from the wim. I also removed some packages (Hyper-V, IE11, WMP, Edge, Defender) using install_wim_tweak.exe.

I hope you guys can point out any mistake I could've made while customizing the wim file. Or any tweak to manually get past the OOBE. Thanks!

2. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    go through it again, it sometimes will load that setting screen a couple of times and then it moves on

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    U might try this

At the first error hit SHIFT F10
    Type -
    Cd..
    Cd..
    Cd c:\windows\system32\oobe
    Msoobe
    This should force the installation to continue.
    If the error reappears click on OK and let it restart the system, once restarted it should carry on with the installation

4. lazalem

lazalem MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2012
    OK, I'll try that. There are actually no error messages. It just goes to the processing screen and then restarts when it should've been asking if I own the PC and then to the Microsoft account screen.

5. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Curious.. what Region/Language/Keyboard/Zone did you change to?

6. lazalem

lazalem MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2012
    All US....