Stuck on Toshiba Inovation screen HELP! Where can i download windows 8 to fix it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by itspirrip, Jun 2, 2014.

1. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    I googled this problem and im not alone... the response to solve this issue is to keep turning it off and on until I get some restore screen, but I've been turning it off and on for 2 days now and nothing!
    I have windows 8 and its the worst os ever!! i need help :(

is there a way I can download windows 8 iso? if so, where can i download it? i need to try to restore my laptop at least make it work again, i have the windows 8 serial key number underneath my laptop (the sticker thing) but i dont have the software and i didnt do any recovery discs cause i didnt think i would need it. Please help!

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #2 murphy78, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You may not need to do that.
    Win8 has a weird recovery environment thing where it won't let you boot into recovery options unless you set the boot menu options to legacy.

You can manually reboot to the recovery options using admin prompt command (winkey+x, then a):
    Code:
    reagentc /boottore
    Then just reboot, and it will reboot to your recovery environment and you can do whatever you needed to do.
    The next time you boot it will go back to Windows.

3. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    Nothing happens :(( i have the same problem as this guy ( i cant pos links but google stuck on toshiba leading innovation) its in the tosiba forum
    my laptop keyboard is also not working. i tried everything... nothing happens. no one replied to the guy who said his keyboard is not working :/ mine is the same as his. also imm usig a different computer to ask for help, this computer is so slow and idk whats going on.. it takes forever to type.. it doesnt show up fast enough. also when i scroll down and stuf.. it freezes for a bit, could t be virus or something?

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    What do you mean nothing happens? did you do the command I suggested?
    Hmm keyboard not working...
    You better call toshiba tech support.

5. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    i talked to them via chat, they said i need the cds and i could order from them but id rather not :( i know i could just use the windows 8 thing and get it to work i think

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #6 endbase, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    #7 itspirrip, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    (OP)
    I dont trust turrent stuff, it might come with viruses and other unwanted bonuses :( is there any other safe way to get it? I do have the serial number for windows 8 in the sticker thing underneath my laptop.

Ughhhh! nevermind, this laptop doesnt come with the serial number... i thought those are the number but it was just the number for the laptop :(

what to do????

8. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    #8 ljimbo, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  9. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    #9 itspirrip, Jun 3, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks! How do I know each one to download? do I have to download the language stuff? and do I really need to install torret or whatever to download? :(

10. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    Thanks, how do I check what version and the OEM key? I keep pressing F2 and nothing works! I really want to get to the bios thing but Idk why its not working :( my dad bought the laptop for me, it was like $399.
    How do I download win.8.1 update and stuff?

11. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    #13 itspirrip, Jun 3, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks! What happens if I remove the hard drive and erase everything? I saw some people saying that its corrupted too so if I erase the hard drive, can I get to the Bios?

edit, i just download uturret.. i cant seen to download the other stuff, the link i click is blank :( idk how to use uturret

12. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Download a Linux distro.. run it Live (no install) ..open terminal/konsole and type:

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM.

That will give you your OEM key.

Run it througha PID checker to find your version then download from a link given in this forum (check hash etc)

Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    uhmm.. where can I download Linux distro? (whats that?) when i download it, I put it in a flash drive and then put it in the broken laptop to get the oem key?

14. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
  15. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    thanks!! I download the file, its in ISO format and then i put it in the flash drive and try to use it on the laptop and it didnt work.. nothing happened :( what am i doing wrong? do i need to change the format or something?

16. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  17. itspirrip

itspirrip MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2014
    thanks, I downloaded the program but I can't put the iso there... the file looks different now, its called disc image file so it wont let me put it :( what should i do?

18. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    download the proper iso again from ubuntu or rename the disk image to iso