Stupid question:)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by david toska, Feb 12, 2010.

1. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hello. I need some help. I will update bios in my HP Pavilion to an slic 2.1 modded version. I have downloaded the slic 2.1 modded version who is correct for my motherboard. What can i do with te two folders "slic_toolkit v_3.0" and "slic modded bios"?? Can I just run the installer or do I need to make an bootable usb?? I`m sorry for this stupid question, but i`ve never flashed bios before:)

2. commando

commando MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    if you are sure about bios version and its compatible with ur hp pavillion just flash it via bootable usb ......
    i have flashed my bios via afudos tool via dos ....
    mine model is hp pavillion 7640s And Hp Pavillion 1629 .....
    in both cases i added slic tabel via AMI tool .....
    but if u have already modded bios just flash it .....

but keep in mind danger of flashing bios ........
    Best of luck

3. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Mine model is Pavilion m7670sc. I`ve downloaded a compatible slic 2.1 modded version. I`ve read some plase that the i can run the installer-file form windows, is this wrong??

4. commando

commando MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    sorry do not have any ideao_O ....
    can u link post from where u got moded bios:D .....

5. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    My bios will not flash, get the message "no Award-bios onboard" But Everest says : Bios Type : Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Please take some friendly , well meant advice from someone who has experienced bricking a mobo because of failed flashing. Perhaps for now just use Daz's loader. Read the stickies on bios modding and familiarise yourself with all the facts and risks involved in bios fllashing. Trust me it will save you alot of hassle and money. :D:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...