Success M1530, Cert Install, Key no-dice

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Wiltron, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Wiltron

Wiltron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    I know not to post keys, so I wont :p

But, a little problem.

Got a not-genuine popup today, so I scoured the internet for a fix. All software loaders listed on this site, didn't work. So, I researched the bios mod (hard mod).

Successfully patched my BIOS (Booted fine)
    Successfully installed the CERT (Popup confirmed)

when running slmgr -ilk (XXXXX-XXXXX..), it reports "Key is invalid". Are the public keys dead? Running Win7 x64 RTM, on a Dell XPS M1530.

More info needed, post and I'll accommodate.

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    did you make sure the key matched the version you have installed. you can not use a ultimate key for professional etc... also how did you do the key command. pref use a dos prompt box ran as admin..also make sure you are using a oem key not a msdn or other posted key

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    More info would be nice...such as which version of 7 did you installed, is your bios modded to slic 2.1, which version of key you use?

4. Wiltron

Wiltron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Installed SLIC 2.1 with the bios flashes sticked at the top of the forum, via USB drive. (Windows 98 boot disk, flashed bios, successfully)

Have 7 Ultimate installed, used an ultimate key (tried all of the 3 floating around in the various programs). Also used elevated dos prompt via cmd, right click, run as admin.

5. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    The right command is

slmgr.vbs -ipk (key)

6. Wiltron

Wiltron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    didnt know the extension .vbs had to be typed. Ill try that when I get home today from work.

I did get the Windows Host popup when I did not use the .vbs extension, is that still normal? It said "_____ reported that the key is invalid (Code: xxxxxxx)"

Think it will work successfully with the .vbs extension?

7. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Let me guess, you swapped tokens.dat from the RC release previously?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Wiltron, did you try this on fresh install so all loaders e.c.t were removed.

9. BuonaDomenica

BuonaDomenica MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2009
    don't waste your time getting it activated without a fresh install. I had the same problem. Used loaders first and then I found the correct slic 2.1 Bios Mod for my Dell XPS M1210 laptop. Once you have used a lo*der I could not get the system actiated even after the slic 2.1 bios flash.

I did a fresh install and it actiated right away without any problems. Backup all your data and start from scratch. Much quicker and cleaner this way.

10. Wiltron

Wiltron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    I did not use a fresh install post-SLIC install.. I will do that today..

Will report back with my findings if anyone cares to hear them :)

Thanks all for the help :)

11. Wiltron

Wiltron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Just an update:

After formatting the drive, and reinstalling Win7 x64 Ultimate, WITHOUT any hidden drives or partitions, and using the above Hard Mod and command prompt entries. After fully updating windows via Windows Update, restarting windows, it remains activated :)

Thanks to all who helped :)

12. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #12 Opa, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  13. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Well, glad you fixed it. I've done nothing but fresh installs and have had 0 problems :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...