Successful Bios Mod Still Failing MS Genuine Validation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bcr27, Apr 16, 2010.

1. bcr27

bcr27 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    I've searched heavily for an answer to this problem and I finally decided to post. . .

I previously used Daz Loader to run Windows 7. After the WAT update I rewrote the MBR to remove any bootloader, I flashed a modified BIOS with SLIC 2.1 and installed the correct Dell Certificate and OEM Key.

RW Everything shows the BIOS mod was successful and I have verified the cert and key as well. Windows itself states that my copy is permanently activated but I keep getting popups about it not being genuine and it won't pass the genuine check online.

I've tried everything I can think of. What am I missing?

2. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Try restoring Windows files by running sfc /scannow from elevated cmd prompt.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would remove the WAT update, use the rearm command and then install the key and cert again dude. Dell, HP, and some Gigabyte systems that are legal with the OEM type are failing validation because of some issue with M$. This is most likely the case with you. I would definitely remove the WAT update though and don't get it again, at least not for awhile until they fix that issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bcr27

bcr27 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks, I'll try both ideas on Sunday. . .

5. bcr27

bcr27 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
  6. Worlon

Worlon MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    Soma registry cleaner program can delete validation reg entries. Windows is still activated, but ms validation fail. Be carefull.