Suitable 4GB DDR3 to go with existing 4GB?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by doveman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. doveman

doveman MDL Member

Apr 22, 2010
  2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    That sucks. :( I forgot for a moment you were in the UK. Oh well!

Let us know what you decide and what your results are; I'd like to know. Good luck!

5. doveman

doveman MDL Member

Apr 22, 2010
    True, there's no harm in asking :)

Gets a bit complicated with international shipping though, as if it's sent by Airmail it gets processed by Royal Mail at this end, who levy an £8 charge for the privilege! For this reason I normally use a courier like DHL when ordering goods if possible, as they only charge about £1-2. There's also 20% VAT to pay on orders over £18 (including shipping), so I'm likely to have to pay that as well. Of course, if the goods are faulty, then I have to return them at my expense as well.

Anyway, I'll see what he says.

6. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
  7. doveman

doveman MDL Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Yeah, I might be able to run it at tighter timings (like 7-7-7-20) at 1333Mhz though but no big deal if not. I think he'll definitely appreciate the extra 4GB, moving from XP to Win7 x64 and also because there tends to be two users logged on simultaneously (my Dad locally and my Mum over RDP from a thin-client, perhaps running a VM as well). Not to mention the most important thing (for him), X-Plane ;)