Super Newb Question - DAZ Loader/WIN7/100mb Reserved Partion

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Drivium, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Drivium

Drivium MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2012
    I've searched a ton on this and I am seeing a ton of info on how to delete the 100mb reserved partition upon WIN7 installation and why you don't really need it - but, my question is - is deleting this something you HAVE to do in order to make DAZ's loader work correctly? My thinking is, if its of no consequence, I'll just leave it alone and let it do it's thing. However, if it will somehow prevent the loader from doing it's job, I'll wipe it.

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Leave it alone, its only 100mb

3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    DAZ Windows Loader doesn't need the 100MB partition in order to work, but Windows 7 needs it. ;)

It's just 100 MB...:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maxb2000

maxb2000 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2012
    That is the boot partiton.If you delete it,you won't able to boot Windows 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #5 LatinMcG, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    after you do this the partition 0 becomes the 7 main drive.

not needed as u can repair startup and it fixes boot folder and bootmgr missing in windows 7 main drive root

a way to avoid it before install of windows 7.. make a partition ntfs with gparted live cd.
    then in windows 7 setup in advanced.
    format it.
    it will say it MIGHT MAKE the partition. but it does not, cause of predefined partition already there.

if you plug in a windows 7 100mb partitioned drive in USB to another windows 7 it blocks it... without the 100mb part it does not block it.

6. Drivium

Drivium MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2012
    That was my thinking too "it's only 100mb". I'll just leave it alone if it won't interfere with Daz's loader. That's was my ONLY concern... (and I mean only). :biggrin:
    I appreciate the replies!!