SuperMicro AMI BIOS Stepping identification

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by flaregun, Sep 21, 2012.

1. flaregun

flaregun MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    #1 flaregun, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    SuperMicro AMI BIOS Stepping identification Please help

Hello,

I have a request different from most that I have seen on this board. Basically I need to know what stepping levels are supported by a BIOS. This is not the first time I have needed to do this (generally I am asked every week about a new BIOS). So I would be very grateful if someone could explain how to disassemble/examine BIOS files and identify the stepping levels that are supported.

At the moment I need to identify the supported stepping levels of a SuperMicro X8DTT motherboard. Here is the link to the motherboard supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTT.cfm Link to download the BIOS supermicro.com/support/resources/getfile.aspx?ID=1521 or go to the motherboard page in the small blue box on the right labeled "Update your BIOS" I would have provided a direct link to the file but it is masked by a javascript redirect.

Eventually I would like to be able to edit a BIOS to support other stepping levels but I think that might be a long way off based on how complex it looks.

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.