SuperMicro X9SRi-F and "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR" (Intel ME problems...)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Uky, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Uky

Uky MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Installing W10 x64 on a SuperMicro X9SRi-F by first installing W10 DVD w/o LAN connected in order to prevent upgrades that destroys the installation and then using SuperMicro's Support CD and from there installing the C60x Chipset INF/Drivers. So far all well but every time Micro$oft wants to do an monthly upgrade, unless cold booted, the system hangs, sometimes with "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR".

According to SM, this is due to M$ wanting to install Intel ManagementEngine V11
    while SM MoBo wants Version 10.0 This information is available on SM's support pages.
    Trying to follow the link to SM's FTP server results in an
    error message so whatever is there is unreachable.

SM also suggests disableing ME by reflashing the BIOS with Jumper JPME1 (also JPME2 but this jumper does not exist on the MoBo) set to 2-3 "Force Update". Have not tried this yet though...

Can someone point me to a site where ME V10.0 software can be found?

2. Uky

Uky MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    ...Found them. But they are of the same revision that I have already installed...
    :confused:

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #3 Tiger-1, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Uky

Uky MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Been there. W10 is not supported (so I cannot Blame SM) but it can be installed provided that every major KB/Update from M$ that requires a reboot
    after install is followed by a cold-boot. I did reflash the BIOS by changing the ME jumper to "disable" and then back again.

A bit annoying, but having purchased the MoBo full with RAM and a decent Xeon for very little money I can live with it...

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    my friend I almost falls into this "trap" here in my country, because the Xeon cpu's are very cheap here the motherboards too so I deduced that for games would be the maximo ledo deception I hope you have luckier...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...