1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #1 CHEF-KOCH, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    U go to your local MS store and they swap out the device or send your for repairs they dont charge u $600.

3. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Not according to the report ^^, however I can't neither confirm nor deny it because I do not own a surface book.

4. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    It's good that you list Surface's which aren't affected and from an older generation. Design flaws are not covered by any warranty nor insurance company, because they also only can send it to MS, again the display is broken too.

It's good that there are charts and stuff provided by MS, however I trust user reports more over something which MS has written long ago (and can be changed at any time without notification).

Fact is that:
    • A 2~3K device should not include such a fundamental design flaw
    • That some people reporting that MS wants 600 USD for a repair (I do not say it's right/wrong [again I do not own a Surface 15]).
    • That this issue already happened back in 2018 and how it happened again with newer Surface Books.

Again I only can warn about this, just stay away from it, buy for such an amount of money a laptop or something from Lenovo.