Swapped parts...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by p0rkguy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    #1 p0rkguy, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. Let me start off with the beginning. I have 2 computers, both with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    Computer 1 had this - Biostar TF570SLI, Athlon 64 X2 4800+, sata Samsung 250GB HD (Win7), sata 1000GB HD, ide 180GB HD (didn't use). Used Hazar's Loader.
    Computer 2 had this - ASUS M4N72-E 750a SLI, Athlon X2 7850, sata Western Digital 250GB HD (Win7). Daz's Loader.

Being the idiot that I am, I moved the parts around.

Computer 1 became this - ASUS M4N72-E 750a SLI, Athlon X2 7850, sata , sata Samsung 250GB HD (Win7), sata 1000GB HD, sata Western Digital 250GB HD.
    Computer 2 became this - Biostar TF570SLI, Athlon 64 X2 4800+, ide 180GB HD
    So I pretty much swapped the mb, processor and 180gb for the 250.
    Now here's where the problems start.
    Now computer 1 is able to boot up but detects the hardware really slow. It auto-detects the 250GB HD but isn't able to boot up. It gives me an error during the hardware loading and it doesn't get detected anymore once I enter BIOS. I believe it's still there because every time I enter SATA3, it lags as if it's trying hard to detect it. Everything else seems fine so far.

Now computer 2 like computer 1 is detecting the hardware really slow. It detects the IDE 180GB HD so I'm like okay I'll just install Win7 via USB on it. I go through all the windows installation up until the last part where it requires me to restart the computer. When the computer gets restarted, it goes through the whole windows installation all over again. I changed the boot sequence with HD first, didn't work. Tried removing the USB and let it boot up, doesn't detect an OS.

Somebody help?

Edit- Just unplugged the 250GB HD on SATA3 and everything is running smoothly. Back to 10 second startups.

2. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    why dont you put things as they were ??

3. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    If it was working, why to mess with???:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    Because I bought a new video card and it's PCIE2.0. Computer 1 is my main computer and computer 2 is the computer I got my mom. Might as well take the better motherboard, stronger processor and more HD space right?

5. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Uninstall Loader and Re-install...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    How am I suppose to do that?

Everything is fixed except for my mom's computer and of course the WD 250GB HD, which I dropped so I'm not going to include that as a problem yet. For some odd reason, I can't fully install windows 7 on my mom's computer. I believe there's something wrong with the IDE connection on the motherboard. I go through all the windows installation up until the last part where it requires me to restart the computer. When the computer gets restarted, it goes through the whole windows installation all over again. I changed the boot sequence with HD first, didn't work. Tried removing the USB and let it boot up, didn't work.
    I moved my Samsung sata 250 HD over to my mom's computer and everything boots smoothly.
    I fully installed Win7 on the IDE 160 HD and put it on my mom's computer. Tried booting it up... doesn't work.
    Any suggestions?

7. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Perhaps should have used Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery to image both system's hard drives and then once done moving both systems around, restored each image with it's Restore Anywhere option to account for hardware changes.

You *could* try switching everything back, make sure everything works normally again, do this imaging and then switch everything AGAIN and do as I said, but that's a LOT of work to see if it will work, but that's what you'd have to do if you want things to work right.

8. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    I don't think the problem is restoring the data. It's that the WD sata 250GB HD fell and doesn't work. I also can't seem to install Windows 7 on any of the IDE hard drives on my mom's computer. They install just fine on mine but they don't seem to be able to boot up the OS on my mom's. I don't want to risk reformating my HD just to find out it doesn't work on hers.
    She's already said she had nothing important saved.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Are the drives getting detected in the bios have you set the jumpers correctly,

10. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    ...and do you have the boot ORDER of the hard drives set correctly in the BIOS?

11. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    The drive is detected in bios. The jumper is in the middle which I believe is the Master or Slave. It says master in bios so I'm going to assume it's fine since it booted perfectly on my computer.

It's booting from 1 hard drive..
    I got through the 4 stages of installation. It requires a restart for the final installation. I remove the USB drive so by default it'll boot from the hard drive, yes? After verifying the DMI pool data, it gives me this.
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
    I've tried installing Win7 on that HD on my computer and it everything works flawlessly. So I take the HD out and put it on mom's computer and get the same message.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Check bios settings again make sure you have set to boot from Hard drive also check you don't have a non bootable floppy in the drive.

13. p0rkguy

p0rkguy MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    Okay I just fully installed Win7 on a 80GB IDE HD and installed a few programs like Firefox through my computer.
    Took it out and put it in my mom's computer and still get the same problems.
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

This should be all the HD related stuff for booting up in the BIOS.
    Main screen
    IDE Channel 0 Master [WDC800BB-00JHC0]
    IDE Channel 0 Slave [None]
    Sata 1 Drive [None]
    Sata 2 Drive [None]
    Sata 3 Drive [None]
    Sata 4 Drive [None]
    Sata 5 Drive [None]
    Sata 6 Drive [None]

Boot sequence and Floppy Setup.
    Hard Disk Boot Priority >
    ....1. Ch0. M. : WDC WD800BB-00JHC0