Switch from Win7 Starter to Home Premium on EEPC 1015PN

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bios3000, May 9, 2011.

1. bios3000

bios3000 MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    Hello everyone,
    having bought this netbook with pre-installed Win 7 Starter.
    I wanted to ask what was the best metod to upgrade to Home Premium (that fully supports Nvidia Otimus that this netbook has) perhaps using the netbook's key and cert or activation.

Thank you.... and sorry for my bad english.

2. Rossimac

Rossimac MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    I think you can just enter an "Anytime Upgrade" code and then it will upgrade it to Home Premium without any activation or any problems.

3. bios3000

bios3000 MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    Thank you very much...

4. policarpo

policarpo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2011
    Thank you very much means that this method work for you???? I buy this netbook too and want to know if this method work for you to upgrade the windows 7 starter. Thanks in advance...

5. unawave

unawave MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2009
    Correct - you can use any SLP key, independent from manufacturer. Also Ultimate key can be used ...

Not correct. When using a SLP key internet connection is not necessary - neither for "anytime upgrade" nor for activation.

Correct.

6. IKER

IKER MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2011
    A similar question is may I upgrade from Vista Starter to 7 ultimate?. The answer is yes of course if you have slic 2.1 on your bios.
    First install SP2 if necessary. Use the appropriate cd/usb of windows 7 installer same language and same 32/64 bits as version of vista on your laptop.
    Start system from cd/usb drive go on and select upgrade option when possible. Lastly install key and certificate. Offline all the time.
    Drivers usually are same as vista. Don’t need to remove or backup data nor programs including crapware.