Synaptics problem...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rewar, Jul 18, 2015.

1. rewar

rewar MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2014
    Using synaptics driver from their website I can get full functionality but WU keeps pushing its own version making me lose my middle button (yes I have a touchpad with the odd third button). I've disabled signatures using the troubleshoot restart menu and can install the newer driver no problem. During that reboot I have my full functionality back. The problem for starts on the boot after the forced restart boot, I lose tapping to click functionality and I suspect because the old drivers mixes up with the new one. Why such a suspicion because the synaptics settings interface seems to be an odd mixture of settings from the new driver coupled with those of the old. I've tried everything I know to fix this but nothing works permanently. More evidence that win10 is just not ready for primetime. Given that this is still happening on 10240 which many consider RTM...I'm stumped!

2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I am facing a similar issue where 2 finger scrolling is not working in any XAML apps (i.e. the whole OS).

Am curious on how MS will tackle driver updates.

3. donachraf

donachraf MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2013
    if you have a lenovo laptop. they released an update for touchpad 30/06/2015.

4. FunkyMike

FunkyMike MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Unfortunately mine is an HP but I guess MS will fix it since the issue has been reported on the feedback tracker.

5. rewar

rewar MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2014
    Don't count on it. My lappy is an old holdover from 2007-ish era I think. An elitebook 8710w, though a flagship product it's old. But if you have a recent-ish lappy synaptics may release an updated version on their website. I think even the MS synaptics drivers are provided by synaptics themselves albeit a much older version than what is current.