Sync Software

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stephenjones007, Jun 21, 2017.

1. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    I am curious to know what you guys use for syncing data and backups; local or cloud, nas?. Currently, I just have a nas. I would like a software to sync in realtime a few sub folders of appdata/local in windows 10 but cant seem to find one. I tried crashplan but it seems to select the entire app data and not the sub folders which is not my first choice. A few others I tried did not have the ability to select individual folders. Any suggestions?
    Ps. Just have a few programs that save their data to those folders which I why I would like to do this.

2. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    +1 for FreeFileSync (manual or Realtime)

4. foxyrick

foxyrick MDL Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I've used Secondcopy for years, although it isn't free if that's a requirement. I tried a few sync software solutions when I decided that was the way to go with my backups. Secondcopy seemed to be the best (for me) and it's always done everything I've needed without a single hiccup. Directories can be synced recursively, with specified exclusions in the structure, and all the usual options one gets when syncing. Realtime with file monitoring, scheduled or manual.

I use it to back up several PCs, laptops, my main server and a NAS box to a dedicated backup server (kept offline except when the backup is run) and to sync some stuff between PCs that I like to keep local. The NAS, as well as being my main file store, also acts as a midway backup. some PCs sync some data daily to the NAS, which is then synced weekly to the backup server. All with Secondcopy.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...