System App Safe Remover will not work

Discussion in 'Android' started by ThomasMann, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #1 ThomasMann, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    My new SMT580 (Samsung Tab A6, 7.0) is doing fine, I have rooted with CF Root, and confirmed Root with two different softwares. Superuser is working fine too, Root Explorer File Manager is also working, deleted some software, which did not return atfter re-boot.
    But... System App Safe Remover will not work...

After every attempt a small window pops up and tells me:

Done,
    1 failed Uninstall,
    (in a little green field, to click and confirm:) Yes

Does anybody have an idea why this happens?
    The identical set-up works perfectly well on an older tablet

2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    If you've a proper root then use /system/app mover available from F-Droid.Org.Move apps first to be User apps, reboot then I think, you can uninstall them. Or see what other experts are saying especially @Tito and @Yen . :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Is it the same Android version? And what system app is it? It strongly depends on the sysapp and android version if removal can be a problem or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #4 ThomasMann, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    (OP)
    Yen. No, the other was 4.4.2 and was rooted with Kingroot. This 7.0 with CF...
    Root Explorer File Manager works perfectly well, but is a lot less practical when it comes to to finding apps. F.E. it does not show die MS Office files, while Sytem App Safe Remover shows all four separately... but does not delete them. :confused:

Sid, thanks, but... There is not much point using F-Droid for getting rid off apps, as afterwards you actually have more than you started out with. From expertience I have become allergic to such websites ;)

My question is basically to see if someone knows from experience, why the one works, and the other one does not. If it were not rooted properly, none would work....

5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    As far as I know Kingroot is full of malware , it installes much crapware to the android system. Secondly, as far as F-Droid is concerned its like Google playstore, containing many useful apps, anyway it depends on the personal choice. I've no experience and expertise on Samsung devices so can't say anything more to it.

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thank you, but you should read more careful, before answering....
    And trust me, neither F-Droid, nor Google playstore has anything to offer, that is of interest to me.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #7 Yen, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    I guess it's a bug of System App Safe Remover then.
    You are properly rooted and have checked that and root explorer file manager could remove it.

It's Office installed into system. Should be easily removable.

I do not use an app to remove system apps. Don't have own experiences.

I either disable them or put them on the replace list at configure.sh (Magisk).
    By doing that they are systemless-ly 'replaced' with an empty path.

It's also reversible since I could untick the module not to load it anymore.

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    That is an interesting solution, never thought of that, as I usually use CF root.
    Strange thing is that System App Safe Remover works perectly well on three other devices I have it installed.

Maybe there was something wrong with my android... I just had to re-install it again.

Thanks again