System cleaning tool

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by charlsey, Jun 30, 2010.

1. charlsey

charlsey MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2010
    can someone please helps me get a good cleaning tool?

Thanks in advance.

2. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Try ccleaner

3. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Both Ccleaner and comodo do a pretty good job. I happen to trust Ccleaner more and it's a quicker download/install... so it gets my vote

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    format c: usually produces acceptable cleaning, also fdisk or diskpart (with extra parameters of course)

sebus

5. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I've been swearing by CCleaner (Slim version) for about five years, or however long it's been around. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I do't use this type of tools.
    They are all inefficient.

7. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    CCleaner, Windows 7 Manager, Quicksys defrag, and O&O Defrag. I find more cleaners redundant, unneccesary, and these are good enough for most jobs.
    Used tuneup and winaso till recently but dumped it in favour of windows 7 manager. Winaso also does a good job. Just do not rely on any uninstaller or system restore to remove all traces. The best uninstaller for me remains windows 7 system image backup and restore. Even all cleaners do not compare with a reinstall every few weeks/months (restore from system image comprising OS, some minor visual tweaks, and some browsers).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. charlsey

charlsey MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2010
    i've heard about uniblue power suite, is it good? and can some one help me get it?

9. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    If you are using Windows 7 ccleaner should be enough.

Once you have analysed and ran the cleaner
    go to tools on the left hand side
    select system restore and select all but the first,
    click remove.....done!

This will remove old system restore points, if you just built the PC up ad installed a number of updates the could be about 20 restore points on your PC wasting HDD space.

If performance is an issue for you do the above then run the disk defrag.

I am assuming you mean a general cleaner of temp files and not something to clean malware/spyware btw.