System Interrupts shooting up CPU usage to 38-52%

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Timotto, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Timotto

Timotto MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    I noticed whenever I download via newsgroups I see my CPU usage shoot upwards past 30% up to 50%. It only happens while downloading from newsgroups. I use Newsbin version 5.33. It doesn't happen at any other time. When I'm downloading through my browser all is fine. When I have Newsbin open but not downloading, everything is fine. It only happens once I start downloading with Newsbin. When I go into Resource Monitor, it shows "System Interrupts" as the process that's hogging up the CPU. Could this be a bad driver, if so, how do I find which one?

2. ugizz

ugizz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Could be your AV traffic scanning all the traffic generated by newsbin... I had a similar problem a while ago with Kaspersky. Disabling mail scanning fixed the problem for me ... :)

3. Timotto

Timotto MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    Thanks, but it didn't work. I also disabled NOD32 and ZA and still have the CPU getting hogged up. I've even updated my chipset drivers as well as my graphics card driver and still have the issue. I've read that a few others were exeriencing this as well. So far no answers. Thanks anyway.

4. ibeqa

ibeqa MDL Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Did you put any new hardware? Also check for a faulty driver, these two can make your system interups go crazy.

Cheers

5. Yuki312

Yuki312 MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2010
    I have an E machine Acer that continues to over-process and over-clock because of system interrupts. My CPU usage would be around 50% if I did not have system interrupts. my computer doesn't allow me to download from Microsoft and does not allow me to update. I have been trying to find out how to solve that problem as well. My computer is slowly dying because of it. I think that if my CPU usage was less, that it would help. My computer keeps freezing and going up to 100% CPU usage because of system interrupts. If you could find another way for me, that would be greatly appreciated. I called Microsoft and they said that I need to get registry booster.......is this something that you would recommend for my current situation? I scanned and got a total of 361 registry errors.....is this something that would cause my system to crash? I would still need to get rid of system interrupts......and I just scanned my computer and it says that skype is what is causing system interrupts to go to 100% CPU usage. and it is not skype specifically, I think it is an audio device that goes with it......now that I know this...is there a way to get rid of system interrupts??

6. King_Jay16

King_Jay16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    hmm if i am reading right i am assuming that you have Nod32 and Zone Alarm intstalled. That in iitself could b the problem, it is never recommended to have more than one antivirus on ur pc. the last person i saw do that had to reformat their pc. so i say start by ditching one of thos programs

7. jclynadms

jclynadms MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2010
    Having two antivirus could it self create problems than providing the security. Both the antivirus would conflict each other and this would in-turn affect the computer. Never have two antivirus installed in the same machine. You can have an antivirus of a company and a firewall of a different one. Though there would be problems in some cases but it would not be as much as it would have been in the previous situation.

Jay has got it right on this one, I think that you should uninstall anyone of the two antivirus programs.