System optimizer recomendation

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Nicolaj_v, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Nicolaj_v

Nicolaj_v MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2009
    Hi, I'm not 100% sure if it's supposed to be in this topic but i didn't find anything better(
    Resently I've found a lot of system optimization products over the internet and a I need a opinion or a review which one to choose as they seem worthy.
    Can someone advice me of a best affordable system optimizer to buy or may be a website with some review or relevant information, that would really be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I am not a fan of system optimizer software. I prefer to do it myself that way I know what is being changed. I have known many people that have screwed up there systems with this type of apps. My suggestion would be ask what you would like optimized and do it yourself.

3. aCres

aCres MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    You should have these..........

Webroot Windows Washer
    Tune Up Utilities
    Ashampoo Magical Defrag
    Uninstall Tool

I'm an amateur in computing that's why I need these Appz. So far so good!

aCres

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inspiron 1525
    Service Tag 1V2P2H1
    Express Service Code 4055762629
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz
    Processor Speed 1.82 GHz
    Memory (RAM) 1024 MB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Operating System Version 5.1.2600

4. mafia87

mafia87 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    I would recommend Tune Up Utilities 2010 or IObit Advance System Care Pro... They are very good. You also can use Raxco Perfect Speed Optimizer if you want the simple optimizer but effective.. :)

5. InEvX

InEvX MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I used Auslogics on WIN 7 and it killed some registries. I was unable to eject any media such as a hard-drive or an SD card, etc.

I use Advance System Optimizer and Advance System Care Pro for registry cleaning and optimizing.
    I also use Auslogic's newest Disk Defrag for defragment.

I doubt it's a placebo effect but eh... If it seems a tad faster, lol well then there you go.

Main thing is, before you start cleaning your registry with some programs out there....make sure you do a system-check point or back up your stuff.
    Better be safe than sorry.

Nonetheless, you don't need fancy programs to optimize your computer. Over the course of installing programs, some software tends to run things in the background without you even knowing it. An example would be itunes, damn thing runs "ipodhelper" and some other bloated ass crap right when windows starts up...not to mention QuickTime...

In short, turn off any start up programs that you don't need and check what's running on your computer.

Also use Revo-Uninstaller!!!!

6. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Be wary of service 'optimisers', they just disable some services they think are unnecessary. Whilst some services are unnnecassary for most users, disabling some can cause things not to work like they should. You could lose network sharing ability, ability to download photo's from a camera, or dozens of other things. The best way is to know what you are doing and do it yourself, or not at all :)

7. Brandypuff

Brandypuff MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    They don't work

Reinstall your O/S if it's slow or optimize it yourself. Forget Registry cleaners as well as they can screw up your system and don't offer any real increase iin speed.

8. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    M$ advises not to misuse msconfig

According to Microsoft msconfig should only be used to control startup items when trouble shooting. For extended control it is advised to manage such items through the related applications. If the related application offers no such control the (sysinternals) autoruns logon tab can be used.

For several years I have been using msconfig to control startup items without apparent problem. I changed to autoruns after reading information from the Windows XP Tweaking Companion produced by Koroush Ghazi.

9. August59

August59 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    Advanced System Optimizer!

10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Could not put it any better, just a perfect statement

sebus

11. eddiebelfast

eddiebelfast MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2009
    Have a look at Automz Ultimate Tweaker. I usually tweak all my settings but I used this after a good look around after starting to use Vista. It also tweaks the
    Internet.