System Optimizers? Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by littledebbie, Jan 16, 2010.

1. littledebbie

littledebbie MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Hey everyone. I am currently using TuneUp Utilities 2010..it seems like it's a pretty decent program..but I want to get some computer geek opinions on the matter...not WalMart.com reviewers or something...

If I keep TuneUp Utilities 2010 on my computer..is it a good choice to keep my system running at a good speed and keeping it optimized? Or..is there better option...System Mechanic..CCleaner?...

Is TuneUp Utilities 2010 a top notch program..or could I do better?

(Operating system: Windows 7 Professional)

Thank you for your time!

2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. microjunk

microjunk MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    I have tried many different programs in the past..... WinASO, tweaknow, tuneup utilities, and many more. As said in another post there are many to choose from. Some old school techies will tell ya that there is no alternative to doing a good cleaning manually. Though for me I have found that Ashampoo Winoptimizer and CCleaner work very well. CCleaner is free, and if your are only cleaning your system there is really no need for anything else. Winoptimizer is an excellent tool that is often over looked, maybe cause its not free, though you can find a crack for it on many sites. I use both of these, as winoptimizer does a little tweaking too, with KIS and malwarebytes.

5. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    i dont use major optimization in my computer. i'm happy using ccleaner and perfect disk 10. fast and awesome :)

6. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    My advice is, dont use them! you dont need more then defrager and if system becomes to bloated, best thing to do is clean reinstall anyway.

7. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Ccleaner in my honest opinion.. that's what i use on win 7 home premium..