System Restore & Sound Problem + Network AND service.msc problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iMPossibl, Apr 12, 2011.

1. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #1 iMPossibl, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hello there,

I am having problem with System Restore, here is the screen shot towards the System restore and network problems

Here is the screen shot towards the services problem

And if you see in the earlier screenshots the sound says it does work, but I do not hear any sound at all :(

Please help.

omg cant post links/imgs fk sake....

well i gotta cheat it here is the images in order

Code:
    htxp://img59.imageshack.us/i/problemsservices.png/
    Code:
    htxp://img51.imageshack.us/i/problemsup.png/

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #2 zahnoo, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I've heard plenty of success stories for System Restore, but for me it was always a PITA and just not worth it for reasons similar to yours. That's why I invested in Acronis True Image Home 2010 and am now using it with Windows 7 Backup and Restore to keep a series of system images on my various computers.

I've never had a problem restoring an image from either Acronis or Windows7. And now I keep System Restore permanently turned off. With all user data on a separate partition and backed up to a second hard drive, restoring an image is a four minute delight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I have acronis home 2011, and I love it, just that non stop backup is gay and the app it self is not as detailed or have simple functions like pause, etc..

OH s**t OH FK shiiiiittt, i accidently restore my pc to my other laptops backup shiiit its irreversible, i want to burn my s**t hp now... I have the black screen of death to tell me to fking reinstall my windows..

good news is I'v got the 7 file, but say I had a blank disk to burn the iso to, how big would the disk required to be and since system restore is fked my system repair option is cocked... i hate pirated s**t... the laptop im talking to you with now has never evveeer had any problems just that the keyboard layout on it is pretty gay that is why i type like crap, 1 more question will win 7 fit onto 2gb (1.86gb) pen drive, or is there a way of booting from my portable hard drive (500gb) because i have the win 7 on that, plz tell me how i boot from there, sorry for so many questions im going to make a new thread as this is a new bigger problem lolz.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #4 zahnoo, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    I'm talking strictly system images, not any type of "one click" backup, or any other backup for that matter. A system image is, strictly speaking, not a "backup" as generally defined; it's a snapshot of your installation. But one thing is abundantly clear if you have multiple computers ... you do have to keep images and backup sets separate so you don't overwrite one computer with another's data. You might want to come up with a plan there.

Neither Acronis nor Windows 7 create by default an image that is a .iso file. Acronis creates a .tib file and Windows 7 creates several files and folders with the largest file being a .vhd. A .iso file IS an image file true, but it sounds like the Windows 7 .iso file you have is an installation image. That being the case, and assuming it's a good and valid one, you can use it to create a Windows 7 installation DVD for system installations and certain "repair" functions.

I'm not aware of any limitations on the maximum size of drive onto which you can install Windows 7. The largest Windows 7 installation I have is slightly over 16GB with the others all at ~13.5GB. That's Windows 7 and applications only...no user data. You likely have different requirements and that's an individual matter about which only you can decide. I hold my Windows 7 partition size to ~2x the expected size of the final installation. For me that works out to be 30 and 25GB respectively.

As to booting from an external source, there are instructions on doing that all over the internet and some good ones on this site. Searches will find them.

Whether or not any particular file will fit on a given drive depends on the size of the file and the size of the drive. A Windows 7 .iso that's 2.73GB will not fit on a 1.86GB drive.

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Thank's for all your advice, but yet I still have a few questions...

If the system fails to start will there be an option to restore using acronis home image, or should i convert the files to the windows backup type..

How long will it take to create the system image, as A backup takes about 6hrs + and that's if your lucky,

ATM, I got my system to boot from my portable hard drive using EasyBCD, yet I have another problem installing windows (why do I ALWAYS have so many f**king problems) When I try to install It says something about no drivers found/selected therefore I cannot continue the installation, where are your "drivers" located as it pops up "browse" so Im guessing there is a file or something in the HDD which contains my drivers so to speak...

Anyhow I will try and google this problem myself, I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: One more thing, the windows 7 Iso file is 2.33GB big.

6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    If you system fails, it fails. Acronis boot disk and Windows Repair Disk are bootable and as such work outside your system.

System image time to create: depends on size of your system. For me 10 minutes or so; longer on slower computers.

Dunno about your drivers location.

No file larger than the max capacity of a drive will ever fit on it.

7. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Ahaha,

I restored my computer from my other computers backup now i have got it to work by completely reinstalling windows 7,

Btw, where can you find the utility to make system images on Acronis True Image 2011?

8. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I have 2010, no idea about 2011 but I'd be willing to bet 2011 has a Help link similar to 2010's.