System still hanging after Win 7 loader 1.7.7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dreamhouse, Mar 6, 2010.

1. dreamhouse

dreamhouse MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    I first activated win7 (7600-ultimate) with Daz´s 1.7.4 version of the loader. I also have Vista sp2 installed in another disc (showing as different partition) and re-activated it with it as instructed elsewhere. It would usually choke when doing the MEM test (while loading BIOS) and afterwards randomly within Win7, especially when surfing windows explorer and using firefox.

I upgraded to 1.7.7 version and the same goes on. I tried using alternative mode but still the same happens: I can boot (although loading chokes a bit), I can surf pc, but system hangs every once in a while. Is there a way to fix this? How can that be fixed?

Thanks in advance.:)

2. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    This may be your first clue, and it may have nothing to do specifically with the OS, any loader or not, or any browser.
    Sounds very hardwary.

3. dreamhouse

dreamhouse MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    I did a Memtest and the modules passed, they´re alright.
    But it ocurred to me that a while ago I messed around with the Win7 hidden partition and successfully deleted it, only to have it come back again after rearranging some partitions. Since that is a bitlocker partition, necessary for Win 7 Ultimate and since it gives me some error system logs, I presume that can be the causer of my hangs...what do you think?

4. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I'm not positive because I don't have that partition, but I don't think it should be a bitlocker partition- I think it should just be hidden.............. I could easily be wrong though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It could be anything dude. It could be a falty piece of hardware or a driver issue. It could be an internal power issue like I had a while back. It could be a RAM timing issue in your bios, it could be some software that is doing it like I know that Kaspersky 2010 beta did that at least for me. It could be a bad update. My best advise would be to reinstall windows 7 with a clean install and update all the drivers. Don't delete the hidden partition just to be safe and try not to tinker with anything real deeper then a loader(Daz's 1.7.7).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...