System Thread Exception Not Handled - USB 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Patricko, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Patricko

Patricko MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
  2. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    They were known issues in W8.1 and also I had. the same problem is in W10 and that "the device can run faster when connected to USB 3.0." in both systems I have not found something better to do to fix that disable the Quick Start. I hope that helps.

3. Patricko

Patricko MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Can You tell me how to turn off quick start for pendrives?
    You mean Auto-Start when I plug in some device?

4. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    the problem is in the USB 3.0 driver
    when windows booting fast, the driver does not load correctly
    so go into Settings> System> Power and suspension> power settings Additional> specifies what happens when you press the power button> change the settings currently unavailable> uncheck active Quick Start

5. Patricko

Patricko MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    It's not working. I tried seriously everything that I can even think off.
    I search probably every similar problem in the interent.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64. I have Asrock P67 Extreme6 motherboard, with USB 3.0 in the back and front.
    On Windows 7 Pro x64, I was using USB 3.0 Etron drivers, and they working there without any problems.
    I could use any USB 3.0 device that I have in my house (mostly pendrives).
    But on Windows 10 nothing is working and when I'm plugging any USB 3.0 pendrive, it's not showing anywhere, no matter if I will plug it into USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
    And after I plug it out, the BSOD occurs with System Thread Exception Not Handled.

I tried to change default Microsoft USB 3.0 drivers with Etron, but it didn't changed anything. Same problem every time when I plug out USB 3.0 device.
    With USB 2.0 devices everything is working fine... Problem starts when I plug USB 3.0...
    And it's not the problem with devices, because on my notebook everything is working fine with 3.0 devices.

I'm using desktop computer, and I didn't have the Quick Start option to tick off or on. I just didn't have it there so I'm assuming it's not the problem.
    I also tried disabling USB in Power Managment, but it also didn't changed a thing. I updated and installed all drivers that I could, nothing helped.

What's the problem? It's clearly drivers fault, because on Windows 7 and 8 everything was working fine.
    Do I really have to go back to the previous Windows version to be able to use USB 3.0 devices?
    It's kinda sick that Microsoft can't handle such a trivial problem...Pathetic...

I'm frustrated by this... Anybody had similar problem to mine?

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #6 odiebugs1, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Can you post what driver you have installed. Also when you look at driver post the hardware id number.

To anyone who has this board. There is a newer driver than what is posted on ASrock's site. There are two settings for USB in UEFI, if they are default, you can try and set Legacy support to auto or UEFI, and legacy 3.0 to disabled.

The EJ168A has NOT had a firmware update released by Etron, so if the windows or Etron drivers do not work in win 10, you would most likely be out of luck unless Etron puts out a newer driver or firmware update.

7. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015