SystemPoint Vista Windows Experience Index Rating Scores Changer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by admin, Aug 29, 2007.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007

Attached Files:

2. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Doesn't work on my Vista x64

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nicknowsky

nicknowsky MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2007
    says it ISNT a valid win32 application or something along those lines

4. nicknowsky

nicknowsky MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2007
    I really like this thing to work!! whats up anything I should know about this

5. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Are you using 64-bit too?

6. rara68

rara68 Guest

#7 rara68, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2007
  7. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2 MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2007
    #8 re*s.t.a.r.s.*2, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Cythrawl

Cythrawl MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2007
    It begs to ask, why?

If you have a low CPU, low end GFX card and your scores are faster than 5.9 what does it prove?
    It not like it makes your system magically faster. Its like photoshoping your 3DMark score screenshots to make them look faster than they are.

Achieves nothing.

Or am I missing a point here?

9. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    exactly...lol...its like what do they do...invite people over and have them take a look at their 'score'...take a snapshot of it and take it to school to show the rest of the 3rd graders what a 'hot machine' mom bought them...lol...I guess alot of people don't have a life until they log on to the internet to be somebody.

10. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
  11. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
  12. xStevenx

xStevenx MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2007
    So the point is that this program is pointless and just edit it yourself.

13. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    Not pointless. Just for noobs who don't have a clue.

14. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    It was ment to ease the proces of editing the xml files, so you wont have to do it by hand.
    And from what I have read, the program doesnt works as it should and I jumped to editing by hand.
    Havent tryed it yet...
    But the metod works fine and if you want to get back to normal just delete the xml files and do the assesment again.
    Nevertheless it doesnt speeds up the system, it is only for show offs.:D

15. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #17 FuzzyMaster, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
    As many (Cythrawl, jroc, petar....) have said it is easy to edit the XML file that the numbers are read from, and they are essentially worthless, but Microsoft did have good intentions when they created the simplistic benchmarks.

Other than for rudimentary performance ratings & comparisons, the intent was to provide a simple method for users to know whether their PC had sufficient horsepower to run a particular Vista specific game or application without having to know or understand the technical details (CPU, GPU, Mem, etc.). Unfortunately, developers scorned the Experience Index and it has become useless.

As an example of what I am referring to have a look at a Vista included game such as Chess Titans to see where they were trying to go with EI. Example below;

Attached Files:

16. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    I dont want to bee rood, but I think I've been misunderstood.
    When I said that it is only for show offs, I actualy ment, once you change the ratings all you can do with it is show your frends how good your machine is...I've noticed the performance ratings & comparisons in the build in windows games..
    Anyway nice info :D

17. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Actually, I was agreeing with you :D

Actually, I was agreeing with you :D, and I read your comments to be exactly as you have explained them here. I just wanted to add some background for those that might be interested.

Keep up the good work. :)

18. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    OK no problem.
    Greetings.:D