Taking game screenshots on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by phaolo, Sep 8, 2018.

1. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    Hello, I'm looking for a good app to take screenshots of games on Android: do you know any?

The default hardware buttons combo isn't a convenient solution at all.

So far I used a free app that puts an invisible button in a corner, but alas I discovered that it has problems with landscape mode (it doesn't rotate the canvas and puts the pic at low res in a vertical frame) and also it's basically abandoned :(

2. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    Noone at all? :(

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Some devices take a screenshot when you swipe vertically through the screen using the side of your hand...

Or try: Screenshot - Screen Grabber ...maybe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    #4 phaolo, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    (OP)
    Hey thanks, I'll try that app : )

EDIT: damn.. sadly it has the same problem of the other app (landscape screenshots inside vertical frame) plus a lower picture quality. : (

5. netia

netia MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2015
    #5 netia, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    I've been using Screen Master for some time now.
    It's not perfect but the best from what I've ever tested.
    Other pretty good app is Screenshot Touch.

Both these apps suit MY needs, but since they may be different from yours (I don't use them for games) - you'll need to give them a thorough try anyway.

Good luck !

6. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    Thank you.
    Screen Master seems nice and works in landscape mode, but sadly it doesn't trigger with 1 click, it always opens the editor window. Quite bad for capturing games.
    Screenshot Touch instead is incompatible with my phone.

7. Joshua7457

Joshua7457 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2018
    If you want to screen shot your android device you can do it by holding down the power button and the down volume button at the same time. If you want to record you can use an app called AZ Screen Recorder.

8. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    Thanks, but as I said, the physical buttons combo isn't a convenient solution for many games.
    About recording programs, I ignored all of them, because they can't capture audio on Android (except via mic, but that's crap).

9. On AOSP, you have those built-in, what phone are you using ? Original rom ?

10. phaolo

phaolo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2015
    MotoG3 2Gb, no root.