Task Scheduler Settings in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by akritasge, Apr 19, 2011.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    How can I change the time delay that Scheduler Service waits before starting a missed task?
    By default this time delay is 10 minutes.

Thanks

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #2 zahnoo, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Highlight the task, right click it and click "Properties". On the "Triggers" tab highlight a trigger and click the "Edit" button. Under "Advanced Settings" check the "Delay Task ......" option and make a selection from the drop down menu. Click "OK" and close all dialog boxes.

There are other delay options on the "Conditions" and "Settings" tabs which may be more precisely what you're looking for. But as to how long to delay after a task is missed, all mine says is "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled task is missed". The 10 minutes selection just below that refers to a restart delay after a failed task event; not a missed task.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    Firstly thanks for your response
    And secondly, please take a closer look at the help about the Task Scheduler and you will find out that your suggestions don’t apply to my question.
    Anyway thanks once more for your time.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Gotcha .... Service

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...