Task Scheduler

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dereck, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Dereck

Dereck MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012
    There was an application - "RECONNECT" by nToolz, it would automatically dial to my broadband network on system startup in Windows XP.
    However, the application RECONNECT, doesnot work on Windows 7, (doesnot automatically dial the connection), also, there have been no updates to the present version () from its devs.
    Is there any other application that can work in Windows 7, to automatically dial to my broadband network on system startup.
    (Preferably free)
    I have heard that Windows TASK SCHEDULER can, also, be used to AUTOMATICALLY dial a connection.
    But I dont know how to do it.

2. Dereck

Dereck MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012

Only a small issue here, unlike XP, Windows 7 doesnot allow to create shortcuts of network connections -which can be placed on the desktop or elsewhere

Reconnect is complete solution in XP - but for Windows 7 , I'm still searching

Thanx for the reply

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    You have to dial-in to a broadband ISP?

4. Dereck

Dereck MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012
    @Windows Fan

actual error reads:
    Network Connections
    Cannot load the remote access connection manager service.

Error 711: the operation could not finish because it could not start the remote access connection manager service in time. please try the operation again.

5. Dereck

Dereck MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012
    all the services were already in MANUAL, I had seen both the links before, thing is I cant as yet post links in my replies DUH !

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #9 PhaseDoubt, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
    Just paste the link but replace the " . " with " dot " and " / " with " slash ". We'll understand.

As to the services being in "MANUAL", make them "Auto" and reboot; see what happens.

Have you tried running "RECONNECT" in XP compatibility mode?