Taskbar keeps refreshing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dasag, Jan 11, 2016.

1. dasag

dasag MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2014
    My taskbar frequently refreshes (blinks) for no apparent reason.. the icons momentarily disappear and then reappear.

I am running win 10 x64 latest build with all video drivers upto date.

It doesn't affect anything else it is just damn annoying and happens randomly.

Anybody else got the this problem.?

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Try repair:
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.
    If image is repairable:

With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:M:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--M would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray, remember to change M to your CD/DVD drive letter.

After that in ADMIN CMD Prompt run sfc /scannow
    to is just to make sure all is well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dasag

dasag MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2014
    thanks lobo11 i will try that.

however, i have found out that if i keep a fixed image for wallpaper it stops the constant refreshing of the toolbar.

i usually like to run a slideshow for wallpaper but the constant blinking of the toolbar when it refreshes is getting on my nerves.