"Tasty, undigested nuts."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Meat[On]A[Stick], Feb 2, 2016.

1. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Watched a Nature episode on PBS. Researchers were following a herd of elephants, to note their migrating habits. At some point, the researchers realized they too were being followed, by wild boar. It didn't take long to figure out why. Turns out that the elephants, while stripping leaves from a particular tree, were also eating the nuts. But the elephants couldn't digest the nuts, they would pass through unmolested. At some point the elephants would defecate. As soon as the elephants left, the wild boar would plow into the excrement, hoping to be rewarded with a few tasty, undigested nuts. That corollary hit me immediately. That was me! My life. :mad: Everyday, plowing head first into a pile of poop, looking for a few tasty, undigested nuts. Anyone else been there?

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :laie: Welcome to the working class , take the issue up with Marx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hoselottrich

hoselottrich MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2015
    On the other hands, the elephants were so nice to get the nuts down from the tree, tried them before and kept them in a warm place. There is a positive perspective about nearly everything ;)