tcpip patch and ready driver plus issues...plz help!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MadTaffy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    Hi there, sorry for no introduction but i'm in need of help plzz asap.

Right i installed the vista tcpip patch some time ago now and its been working perfectly but i run tuneup utilities and i think its done something to the registry which has affected the patch and ready driver plus coz my pc wont boot, i have tried the repair windows using a installation disc and it found the tcpip corrupt file and corrected it, but now when i boot the ready driver plus starts up goes through the normall procedure until it gets to the disable driver prompt and instead of doing that and then starting vista it skips that and goes to safe mode 1st option top of boot page but safe mode wont open it loads files but goes to install repair disc screen everytime instead of booting in safe mode, so the only conclusion i can come to is ready driver is corrupted some how, so my next question would be is there any way i can uninstall the ready driver plus from the repair installation disc,

Using the vista disc i have tried repair start up, system restore etc. etc. but what option i do have left that i havent tried is the command prompt from the installation disc options, is there any way i can remove ready driver plus from there and fingers crossed this will fix the problem, this is only a guess and obviously if anyone has any other suggestions plz feel free to let my know i would be very much appreciated.

I have a medium knowledge of pc's but its limited when it comes to command prompt, so if you could help me and it involves using that option could you plz give me the exact command text.

Unfortunatly my backup disc i made doesn't make any difference either, its this driver ready app i need to remove in my opinion, but i could be wrong of course.

Again very sorry for the 1st post being a HELP ME one but i'm sure you get a few like this lol...

plz plz plz could someone help i would be very very very gratefull.

many many thanks in advance

Best Regards Taffy

2. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    UPDATE: I have found the command for uninstalling the program but i'm in the wrong command prompt, rather than being in the C:\ drive the command box is showing Administrator: X:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe (command line {X:\Sources}) does anyone know how i get from there to the C:\ drive so i can use the command to uninstall ready driver?

the command when and if i get into it is:

1. type: WMIC press: enter, it should come up with text line wmic:root\cli>

2. type after wmic:root\cli>product get name

This will generate a list of installed applications.

3. At the prompt, execute the following command:

product where name="” call uninstall

where application name is the name of the program you wish to uninstall (use the exact name provided by the previously generated list).

For example, i want to uninstall ready driver, my command would look like this:

product where name="ready driver" call uninstall

4. When prompted, input y to confirm that you wish to uninstall the application and press Return.

The application will be uninstalled.

So if i could only get into the command prompt for the C: drive then i could uninstall ready driver and hopefully this will resolve the problem.

I've searched hi and low for the command to get from X:\Sources to C:\ without any joy, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome, last thing i want to do is a fresh install of the OS and loose all my files. I was about to update to win7 before all this happened so will install that but don't wanna loose files, unless i just had an idea would if i upgraded to win7 work with the state the pc is in now i.e wont boot or will i just have same problem with different OS?? clutching at straws now, i'd just about try anything coz i've simply run out of ideas! oh well, hopefully someone can help me yeah.....PLZZZZZ!

Many Thanks

3. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    sorry you must of posted as i was writing mine next post, i will install sp2 as and when i can get the pc to boot up, the ready driver is preventing this, as i mentioned in my original post when ready driver starts on boot up instead of running through the normall process it gets to disable driver rocog.... it goes to safe mode, but this doesn't boot up in safe it trys to load windows files for safe mode gets so far and the repair windows window comes up and i'm right back to square one.

thanks for the pointer though and like i said as and when i get it to boot i will install sp2, cheers

MT

4. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    Oh well thats good news i have win 7 on my lappy and quite like it so i will just upgrade and it should do away with the ready driver yes? junkie you say? oh dear lol, what would you recommend using then instead?

just the one more question when win7 stops oct 2009 or whatever it is when i reinstall vista will the issue come back? actually thats probably a silly question but got to ask lol!
    I'm guessing i can remove the ready driver dir anyway and thats it yes?

sorry for the silly questions hehe,

Thanks for the help much appreciated and will get back to you with the result of the upgrade, fingers crossed it will be all good,

thanx

MT

5. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm not having much luck i tell ya, the bootrec.exe fix mbr well didn't work, i followed the instructions to the letter, use repair on the istallation disc, open command prompt, type bootrec.exe which worked it even come up with a list of commands incl. /FixBoot /FixMbr which wouldn't work.... grrrr, i'm in the middle of downloading win7 again coz it was on the pc thats not working and the copy i have on disc to put on my lappy is 32bit and i want to use the 64bit as my pc is 64bit, so thats my next attempt lol,

can't understand why the hell the /FixBoot and /FixMbr commands wouldn't work, comes up with: /FixBoot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

so i'm lost there to why it wouldn't even recognize the command...?????

Regarding win7 was just looking before i DL it there is a notice about the shutting down as follows:

IMPORTANT: The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. You'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

6. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    sorry i'm sooooo dull lol, i was typing bootrec.exe and then /fixboot on the next line instead of all in one command lol anyway the fixboot couldn't find path but the fixmbr was successfull so fingers crossed i'm about to reboot lol....

7. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    boo hooo nope no joy, after fixmbr i tried the fixboot again and that was also successful but still when i boot up its starting with the ready driver and going to safe mode and then fails to boot up.....only thing for it is to upgrade to win7 then i just hope it doesn't try to start up using ready driver again otherwise it was all for nothing! oh well

8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #8 petar, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    OK let's try the next few commands...
    1. Boot with your installation DVD.
    2. Selcet repair and open CMD.
    3. Type the folowing commands:
    c:
    cd \
    cd boot
    unregrdydrv /f
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot

Note. After each line you hit Enter....LOL....:D

Please post back with the results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    I cant upgrade to win7 unless i boot up in vista 1st and then install win7 disc and then upgrade, the only thing left unless someone has any other ideas is a fresh install but i will loose all current files and prgrams installed, i have some backed up but its from a few months ago...

10. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    #10 MadTaffy, Jun 15, 2009
    (OP)
    I'll try that now thanks brb 5 mins......:)

11. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    #11 MadTaffy, Jun 15, 2009
    (OP)
    c: = c:
    cd \ = c:
    cd boot = c:\boot
    unregrdydrv /f = deleting readydriver plus bootloader entry removed entry <i think>
    continuing

bootrec /fixmbr = the operation completed successfully
    bootrec /fixboot = the operation completed successfully

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats word for word what was on screen incl the <i think> lol, i haven't shut down CMD yet, shall i try reboot now?

thanks for the help....;)

12. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    Right tried a reboot and the readydriver plus didn't start but i got the bios page at start as normall and then a weird vista screen which had the vista colors in the centre of the screen with a large black border around it and that went to a black screen and thats what i'm now stuck with.

13. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    the first page that loads when booting up at the bottom it says press any key to boot from cd/dvd well i noticed above that a message something like "NO EMOTION FILE 0001" something like that not 100% coz the window isn't up for long, but i'm almost sure it wasn't there before

14. MadTaffy

MadTaffy MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2009
    UPDATE: i done the bootrec \scanOs and the result was:

Total identified Windows installations: 0

Does this mean vista has GONE eeek!

15. Robster400

Robster400 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2009
    I dont know if you are aware, but Tuneup utilities copies the kernel & changes something and saves it with a TU prefix.

I installed it once on XP, and attemped to install SP3 some time after, and it refused, reporting that that i was running a non-standard kernel file.
    i had to uninstall and edit the boot to point back at the correct file before i could install SP3.

I can only assume its done something similar in your case, and readydriver is attempting to load the 'old' kernel like normal, but tuneup has move/renamed/modified it somehow..

get into safe mode if you can, and get rid of tuneup utils, its rubbish anyway :)
    and try and reinstall readydriver and see what happens...

16. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #16 petar, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    It looks like your computer is ready for a reinstallation od the OS...:(
    But let's try one last think before we continue.
    Boot with your installation DVD, open CMD and type the folowing commands:
    c:
    cd \
    cd windows
    cd system32
    cd config
    rename components components.bak
    rename default default.bak
    rename sam sam.bak
    rename security security.bak
    rename software software.bak
    rename system system.bak
    cd regbackup
    copy components C:\Windows\System32\config
    copy default C:\Windows\System32\config
    copy sam C:\Windows\System32\config
    copy security C:\Windows\System32\config
    copy software C:\Windows\System32\config
    copy system C:\Windows\System32\config

Now reboot the system and hopefully you will boot in to windows just fine.
    Take note that the directories may be diferent, couse this is the folder tree of a x86 based system.
    I can't give you the exact directories couse I've never used x64 based system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...