Tehcnet s windows keys

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ertemmstein, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ertemmstein

ertemmstein MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    hello,we just bought a technet subscription.

We are going to use technet s keys for windows 7 and office activation on our computers.

We are 6 people but most of us have more than 1 computer.

Questions are :

-if we activate same key -(for example same windows 7 key)-more than 1 computer by mistake,microsoft will blacklist the key or block the account as a fraud?

-Is there a activation-time limit for each key like max. 1 key can be activated in 1 month?

2. Ru1ey

Ru1ey MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    each key has 10 activations, so if you have 10 keys that is 100 activations

3. cali

cali MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    1 TechNet Key that you can activate 10 times for max and you can activate 10 different PC with the same key. That's what I did from my experience.

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    It would be nice to receive an explanation as to how many key types there are and what are their differences. Anybody?

5. GAVINEER

GAVINEER MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    There are several key types a user can use...

MAK (Multiple Activation Key): Can be activated once for nth amount of activations/computers depending on Subscription level and Volume License Agreement.

KMS (Key Management Service): Can be re-activated once every 180 days for nth amount of computers.

Retail: Can be activated once. (false, if you ask me)

OEM: Can be activated anytime if proper licenses or certificates are installed on the system.

Good Day...

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks dude :)

7. ertemmstein

ertemmstein MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    #7 ertemmstein, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    (OP)
    i quess 10 times activation with same key only for MultipleActivation key s type

on My Product Keys:
    it is written:

Windows 7 Ultimate and Ultimate K Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Ultimate N and KN Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Enterprise, N, K, and KN Get MultipleActivation 0 / 1
    Windows 7 Starter and Starter K Get OEM Key 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Starter N and KN Get OEM Key 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Home Basic Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Home Premium N and KN Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Professional and Professional K Get Retail 0 / 10
    Windows 7 Professional N and KN Get Retail 0 / 10

so retail keys should be allowed for 1 time activation(each key) or not?

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    you get 10 keys for each version (64 and x86 are combined so you do not get 10 ultimate x64 AND 10 x86 you simply get 10 TOTAL ultimate keys as a example) each of those 10 can be reactivated 10 times. NOT AT THE SAME TIME. I actually called and spoke with ms about this today. after 10 reactivations you then would have to use the activate by phone option and its up to the rep if they do it or not as they can see the key came from technet now. so you can use up to 10 systems at a time with each version and reactivate each one 10 times or move the key to a new system minus that many activations you already used.

BUT if you make a fresh image directly after install and activation with no drivers or software each time you restore that image you will NOT USE another activation it will remain activated from last time. the enterprise key is good for 500 activations which can be used at THE SAME TIME if you want

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. henryy.

henryy. MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    How about OEM COA keys? That require phone activation. Do they fall under retail? I've activated two comps using one key :D
    Do I have ten activations?

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    normally coa keys can only be used on one system, how long have you been using both? you may soon get the message the key is already in use..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    dont forget about token restore and what that does you can use the key forever if you dont change your hardware.... :D:D

12. ertemmstein

ertemmstein MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    thanks armada,the best explanation is yours.

about reactivation by phone, i think they just check the key that is blacklisted or not if the key is clear it would be no problem.

Does the reactivation rule(max 10 times reactivation) contain for retail-boxed version?

I had a retail-boxed packet of windows xp several years ago,i remember that i had a activation or reactivation problem.It may releated with this reactivation limit.

13. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i was told yes for full retail boxed its the same way. this was talking directly with someone from customer support for technet