Terrible time with Daz Loader + Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lolpanda, Jul 27, 2011.

1. lolpanda

lolpanda MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    #1 lolpanda, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Hi guys! I should start off with, I LOVE daz loader. I used it for 5 of my comps and it worked perfectly.

but im having a terrible time with the loader and my mac. im trying to install windows via bootcamp. So far i tried 3 times and every time ended up having to delete the partition because i would be stuck with the endless boot loop. I install windows and than choose "activate later." Everything is fine and dandy. I install my boot camp drivers and than i load up daz loader (i'll be honest, it was a 1.X version). I select apple as the manufacturer and than click install. After installing, it'll reboot. I would hold the command key, choose windows, and than a few seconds later BOOM, reboot after reboot.

im not a computer pro so i didn't want to mess with any command prompts or anything. i just wanted to install the loader and be finished.

so before i try for the 4th time but with version 2.0.4 now. can anyone point me to a step by step guide on how to install this correct? Im just extremely confused at the options the loader has (for example, why do i need to uninstall than install? what do i fil out under the profile tab? the oem tab? and should i not even bother messing with the advanced options tab?), what the difference between the loader and the wat fix is, etc etc.

AHHH. any help would be much appreciated :(

it worked so well with my 08 macbook pro and the other pc's but my 2011 mac is just being a dickhead.

is it possible to just snag one of the keys from the "key" document and use it to activate/validate/recieve updates? Even if the key belongs to another brand like dell, asus, lg, etc. sorry if that question seems REALLy stupid. haha.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #2 x86, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    As long as it's not 1.5 TB+ you should be fine, otherwise you get dropped into a command prompt window which tells you how to get Windows booting again.

With the latest version of the loader I would recommend you use the default boot menu (select it and then press install). If you then fail to boot you can try to use the "No SLIC" option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jmood

Jmood MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    Ive download the program 5 times now and each time I see that when I run it a folder is created in appdata/local/temp/temp1_windows loader 2.1 or something like that when I run in my admin account, but when I run as a low level user and use the program it says the program started abnormally still... I am not sure what is up.....

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The application shouldn't make any temp folders. Have you downloaded it from here?

6. Jmood

Jmood MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    Yes, I downloaded the application right from your thread. Do you think the link was changed or the file was switched with an infected one?

EDIT: Also sorry for bumping this old topic, I thought I was in your help thread....

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The links right as the download count is normal. Maybe it's due to some kind of software protection you've got installed? I can only take a guess and say its scanning it and removing the UPX packing :g:

Check the exe MD5 matches b2ed18909c4e6153b5b92afa25858431.

8. Jmood

Jmood MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    I have no software that would do such a thing.... Also the MD5 matches.

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    As long as the MD5 matches then you should be fine, but I've no idea why it'd be creating any folders.

10. Jmood

Jmood MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    I just tried it and it cannot seem to pass validation....... Ive tried all the methods said yet it still cannot seem to work for me....

11. glenbury

glenbury MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2011
    Same issue

I'm having this same issue. I use bootcamp to partition the disc and install Win7, no problems. I use the Daz Bootloader and it hoses the install. Get caught in the command line loop, can't boot with or without SLIC. I think it has to do with the partitions. I saw a post on another board where users had the same problem. One solution was to use Paragon NTFS for OSX and create a folder on the hosed (Windows) partition. Then OSX or Paragon seemed to "fix" it on its own. Might be re-creating the partition map? I've repro'd this 6-7 times now. Install Windows, everything is cool. Install Windows Loader and no joy booting into Windows.Love Windows Loader, great work with it. However, can confirm this is a real issue with Windows Loader and Bootcamp installs.

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    So you used the bootsect command to uninstall the loader, or held 'R' during boot to access the loaders boot menu?

Are you using version 2.1 of the loader and how big is your hard drive?

13. glenbury

glenbury MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2011
    Bootcamp + Windows Loader

It kicks into the boot menu automatically when I select the Windows partition and won't exit no matter which option I select. I haven't tried uninstalling the loader, I just delete the partition, re-create and install and it'll boot until I install the loader. HDD is 250 GB. There are four partitions, I can send a screenshot of the partition map from Disk Management if you like. Yes, I am using 2.1.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #14 Daz, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    Using the bootsect command would get Windows booting again without the format, or at least it should.

I'm still a little puzzled by which menu you're seeing, but if it's the loader menu thats getting displayed then that is a problem and I wouldn't know how to fix it on a Mac. The loader menu is the one that will display an option containing "No SLIC". If this isn't the loaders menu you're seeing then you could try to install the loader with it's boot menu visible. You'd simply need to select the option in the advanced tab before installing the loader.

15. irhass

irhass MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2012
    Hi, Daz ,i indonesian ,sorry for bad english
    I have a Macbook 2,1 ,and i've installed win7 ultimate in the macbook ,and i installed your latest windows loader,but everytime i installed the windows loader the bootloder is error, idid like what on the tutorial,but the window still not licensed and still in trial.

I am looking forward for your answer and support

16. Bard1004

Bard1004 MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2013
    I am also having this issue, except more so. Something went wrong when I initially tried to install & set up the Loader and I could only access Windows by doing the "Boot with out loader" option when pressing Esc and entering the command line. I couldn't figure out how to uninstall the loader so I decided to wipe the partition, merge it with my main partition and try starting from scratch.

After setting up the partition, however, I can no longer boot into Windows, period. It won't boot from the instalation USB disk I was using, only coming up with "Non-bootable disk" messages. I tried using a different physical USB drive and using a different ISO. So far nothing works. I'm guessing I need to reset the whole thing, but I have no idea how to remove the loader at this point (I can't get into the command line menu that allowed me to boot with out the loader; it won't even go to that stage).

I have a 2012 Mac Mini Intel Core i7 and OS 10.8.2. Any suggestions that you have would be great. Thanks!

17. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #17 Daz, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Pressing uninstall in the loader application will fully uninstall the loader. Also if you've deleted the partition then the loaders deleted too, since it's basically a file on the partition just like any other file.

I don't think a Mac would get the 100MB NTFS system reserved partition, but if you've got one then deleted it. If not then I've no idea what your problem would be because as far as I know Mac keeps the Windows partition totally separate so that it's easily deleted.

If the loader was lurking on the system then if you boot from your Windows disk and press SHIFT + F10 then you'd get a command prompt window. From there enter bootsect.exe /nt60 sys /force and then the loader will be disabled.

18. 1432bb

1432bb MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    #18 1432bb, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    I can confirm that this does fix the boot problem on my MacBook 2,1.
    Is there anything you would like me to try to help diagnose this?

What I've done so far:
    Installed Intel 60GB SSD
    Installed OSX 10.6.8 (All updates applied)
    Bootcamp Assistant, split drive 50/50
    Installed Win 7 Upgrade 32-bit Retail (No Service Packs)
    Installed Windows Loader

After the error:
    Ran the above bootsect.exe /nt60 sys /force command to restore booting.
    Tried Windows Loader again.
    Read some of your other threads about forcing a boot but no /bootmgr folder could be found using

find --set-root /bootmgrFile not found.

Hope this helps. Not sure what to try next.