The amount of spam from Outlook.com is unreal

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    How does this happen that you just open a new account and you start receiving 5 spam emails everyday and everytime you opt out by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email, it asks me to enter my email again to confirm on their website, then I hit submit bu t they keep on sending spam

I dont want to have to clean my junk mail folder all the time I don't share my email on shady websites or anything like that.

The reason I use Outlook (ie. hotmail) is because it is able to synchorinize my contacts easily with my BlackBerry phone, like if I edit a contact on my phone, it is immediately also edited on my online contacts with Outlook.com, and vice versa :(

shall I just switch to another provider or what?

every gmail account I can think of is taken so gmail is not an option unless I want an email like myname273861928372613@gmail.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    I would recommend gmail, CardDAV and CalDAV are supported on the new blackberries from z10 upward, not sure about the older models. Someone would have to verify that
    There are any still not taking. Just last week i create a 5 letter and one number email address.

You can always customize your outlook email to cover a wider range of spams

3. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I use Outlook as well since a very long time now and I can say that it is OK with me. I use a gmail account and I can say it is OK too till now.

Just wanted to let you know, never go through the links in these spam messages. If you try to unsubscribe, simply they subscribe you again :laie: A colleague of mine was working with one of the communities on the internet, but she left them as they were sending spam messages to all users they can reach to their e-mail addresses. She said to me that they take your e-mail and put it in their spamming lists, and when you try to use their "Unsubscribe" link to get red of them, simply they subscribe you again and keep sending such messages to your e-mail address. The problem is, if you used their links, consequently, they know that your e-mail is a working one and never unsubscribe you.

What I do is to add them to spam in my gmail page, then I never receive these messages again in my inbox. I mark them as "Junk" as well in my outlook. But, the most efficient way is to add these messages to spam by going to your gmail account page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    Yes, I recommend gmail. I have a hotmail account and you can say it is now "eating by spammers", so, I left it to them :laie: Personally, I don't like hotmail ;)

5. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
  6. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    Yes, that's it.
    Just to your account page using your prowser and mark this message as "spam/junk" and from time to time go check your spam/junk folder and empty it if needed. That's what I used to do.

7. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    mashi ya coach :tea:

8. Revolve

Revolve MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2013
    I use Outlook an haven't ever had a problem with it. I also have an old Hotmail account that get's a lot of spam but the reason for that is it's a popular first name @hotmail. Even on that account most spam doesn't get through.

9. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    #9 timster, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    You know Arabic ya man ;) That's really nice :)

:offtopic: Where are you from?

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    And why would that be :eek:
    Come on you are the guy who keeps opening up virus checker or internet security suites threads and Polls. Also some common sense is needed go and register your email on some site then you receive an email or spam to opt out.

I am going to let this thread go for the moment as your have probably noticed we have closed some of your recent threads and polls.

Because they are totally not needed and Matrix Leader post count and thanks don,t count any more.

12. verndog

verndog MDL Novice

May 3, 2010
    I rarely try to unsubscribe anymore, reasoning that now they know your a live person, and will hammer you more with their useless promotions.