The bugs of Windows 8.1 is critical? Is recommended install or not?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Thvle, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    I wonder if it is recommended to install Windows 8.1 now, or should I wait to October 18th?

2. Chironz

Chironz MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    There is no difference of installing Windows 8.1 RTM now and the Windows 8.1 that is going to be release on October 18th...

And What bugs are you referring to?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thvle

Thvle MDL Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Microsoft said recently that due to several bugs that slipped in the RTM version, October 18, when it officially launches, will draw a patch fixing these bugs.

4. Chironz

Chironz MDL Novice

May 11, 2008

If they say they will draw a patch to fix those bugs on current windows 8.1 rtm .. im sure it will push through windows updates..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    If MS has found such a "critical bug"; they wouldn't have released VLSC downloads. :D

6. eydee

eydee Guest

Well, the metro infection is still there and isn't likely to be fixed, also the number of components which spy on you have increased, so Windows 7 or linux is a recommended install. Now or oct. 18, it's your choice.

7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Some program support (antivirus etc), driver support, and other things are still lacking. This isn't unexpected, since technically you 'aren't meant to have it' until 18 Oct. I wouldn't install it until at least some of these things have been improved. Remember 18 Oct isn't too far off. Of course, there's the whole issue of reliable activation. Sure, it may be able to be activated in some form today, but it doesn't mean it won't stop working tomorrow.

8. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    As long as stupid people can't type and love to press screen, metro will always be around.
    If I had to guess based on the the amount of stupid people in the US, I'd say that they'd probably expand it and shrink the desktop support for win9.

9. eydee

eydee Guest

They already have Windows RT for touch devices, phones, tablets etc. Most of them run on ARM anyway. This doesn't mean the PC segment has to be killed off. I don't think a large company like MS can't have 2 operating systems at once. They could have 10 if they wanted to.