The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by =)(=, Oct 13, 2013.

1. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#1 =)(=, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Wow, this is so f**ked up o_O

2. OCP

OCP MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    my dyslexia kicked in, thought it read the cannabis warlords of liberia

3. G.M.Skel

G.M.Skel MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2014
    #3 G.M.Skel, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Currently watching that video.

I have this video here for those that are interested. I myself haven't watched the whole video because I haven't had the time, but I plan to watch it sometime soon. I don't know when this was recorded or released. I saw some fallen soldiers with the Iraq flag on their uniform so I believe it's coverage of ISIS fighting against the Iraq military.

For those not aware of this conflict, ISIS is a militant group that started taking over areas of Iraq after the U.S. left Iraq. They first took the city of Mosul, then Tikrit, and have surrounded Baghdad.
    According to news reports the Iraq military left their posts behind along with supplies, ammunition, weapons, and vehicles which were provided to the Iraq military by the U.S.. Some of them took off their uniforms.
    Some of the Iraq military was told to retreat by their superiors, but some of them did stay behind to fight the ISIS militants for whatever reason.

Jon Stewart talks about the crisis here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTwYVTTYrg

The following is the footage I was talking about. It's been recorded from the side of the ISIS, if that's what it is. All the text in the video is in a foreign language. Be aware that this video contains graphic content:
    https://ia902504.us.archive.org/14/items/17-5-2014_284/SaleelSawarim.mp4

Iraq military leaders are currently under investigation because of the situation.

4. G.M.Skel

G.M.Skel MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2014
    #4 G.M.Skel, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Holy hell man, on that video of Liberia, I would be so scared to be there.
    The civil war, being war torn, the open drug abuse, the corruption, the poverty, disease, cannibalism. I wouldn't want to be there.

I've been to my parent's country, El Salvador, a couple times. It's a third world country. There's a huge gang problem there. Police are armed with rifles rather than just handguns. There's a big poverty problem. Prostitution. Lack of education. People get mugged in the daylight. Right in the middle of a crowd too. On the bus. People have gotten shot and killed in the day on a bus. My cousin got mugged for his phone on the bus recently. A guy sat right next to him and said "I'm going to kill you. But I'll let it slide if you give me your phone." He was with a group of guys. Sometimes bus drivers will even be friends with these types of guys, my cousin said. So my cousin ended up giving the guy his cell phone. When I was there the first time in El Salvador I was at my aunt's house. It was the evening, about night time, and there was a dead man near by the block with his head missing. There was another incident in El Salvador where a bunch of people were left dead on the side of a highway, decapitated.

5. Bravo_Echo

Bravo_Echo MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    Some of those scenes of Monroeville look JUST LIKE DETROIT.

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And Skel's description could easily be read as a description of Brazil or US or....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    There are a lot of places in the world with varying degrees of the same condition. The question is, do We (meaning the world) as a people, get involved?
    It might be construed as meddling, and the people who get involved would more than likely be made out to be the villain.

Unfortunately, it becomes a case of economics. What do we have to gain by helping these people. Is there a natural resource or a product that we need?

I suspect not. If that were so, we would have gone in and pummeled them into submission.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. November_Zulu

November_Zulu MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

Read the history. After the Civil War "we" created Liberia. We sent teams of americans to help construct the country, create it's government, modeled after the US, "Monroeville" was named after US President Monroe, and the very first thing these newly freed, "back to Africa", US-sponsored masters of their own US-style country in Africa did was to ENSLAVE the indigenous natives of the area.

The continue reading the history. They limp along for 200+ years until about 20 years of Civil War where they naturally devolve back to the point that they were at when the Europeans found them and exported some of them (purchased from black slave traders) to the Americas. The devolved back to where they were when they were found by the Europeans, meaning they became lawless, ruthless and barbaric cannibals.

Here, then read this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia

This was a civilization that was for the most part propped-up by the current "world leader" in civilization, Egypt. And when Egyptian support and control was removed, the Nubian civilization disappeared, and they went back to the state that there were in when the Egyptians found them.

Now think about Detroit, and consider what will happen if the US Government ever withdraws the massive amount of economic support required to keep them from degenerating back to cannibalism.

9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @November_zulu: Would you care to elaborate as to whom them refers?

10. xXBlackWidowXx

xXBlackWidowXx MDL Junior Member

May 21, 2015
    #10 xXBlackWidowXx, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Have you ever thought that maybe they don't want help and are perfectly content living the way that they do? Granted the cannibals and horrific stories that come to light about corrupt government and military, and rouge militant operations need to be dealt with.

Have you seen Detroit lately? The demoncrats have completely destroyed it. there is no business or manufacturing left there, entire communities are deserted and overgrowing back to nature, foxes, coyotes, possums and other wildlife is returning and taking over. Buildings are falling down. I say congratulations to the demoncrats that have controlled Detroit for over 50 years for completely destroying a entire city and the people there.

Here is something for you to watch: There's No Place Like Utopia

That's a documentary about our great demoncrat leaders and how they destroyed Detroit.

11. November_Zulu

Jul 21, 2015
    Well I don't know about you. You've got to make a decision and stick with it. You are either one way or the other. That Confederate flag either means something to you or it does not. You either tell the truth no matter what social pressures and consequences come of it, or you "go along to get along". This thing you are doing, pretending to be one thing, and then pretending to be another thing, all it does is earn you contempt from the true believers of both sides.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+3%3A14-16&version=KJV

This thing that you do, where you seem to agree with someone that tells the truth, and then undermine and betray that person because the natural consequences of telling those truths make YOU uncomfortable. They're not your friends. They don't LIKE you. They only tolerate you so that they can use you, and the moment you are no longer useful to them, they are going to throw you away. There is no "upside" for you with them. You obey their programming, you follow their orders, you live with the inexorable deterioration of the American civilization and find a way to become content with being a 2nd class citizen too afraid to tell the truth of things, and learn to be comfortable with your lack of honor, or else.

God calls every man but once. Do you hear the call, or do you, with them, slip backwards into the mud of barbarism, lawlessness and animal passions?

12. xXBlackWidowXx

xXBlackWidowXx MDL Junior Member

May 21, 2015
    WTF are you talking about?

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    W---eeee-----iiii-----rrrr----dddd----!!!! :rolleyes::D:biggrin::clap:

14. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm still trying to make the connection between Liberia, Detroit, and the democrats. :laie:

15. Techiekid

Techiekid MDL Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I think what we see is an example of the human condition. However, since everyone can approach this issue from their own perspective or context we may not all see it the same way. Supposedly 'civilized' people have resulted to acts of cannibalism as a means to survive. If you are implying that things seen in war torn regions like liberia can take place in places like the USA, I can accept that viewpoint, it is the human condition. There have been deprave human acts committed in one place whiles in the same breath brave acts of altruism. At the end of the day, it is an imperfect human, living in an imperfect world.

16. November_Zulu

Jul 21, 2015
    Exactly. You haven't got a clue. And you have no business putting that Confederate flag up, getting people stirred up and you haven't the vaguest notion of what it means, what it meant, and why it's an important and patriotic american symbol still today. And every time they need a scapegoat, or a bad example to point to in order to justify yet another usurpation of our God-given and constitutionally protected rights, they only have to point to you and say "See? THAT'S who we're talking about."

17. November_Zulu

Jul 21, 2015
    Keep trying. You can be "The Little Engine That Could". If you ponder the matter with the confederate flag thrown in, the light bulb might turn on.

18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Quoting mutagen:
    :sharepopcorn:

19. November_Zulu

Jul 21, 2015
    I'm not trying to, but lets be realistic. People have the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, but that doesn't mean that you allow children, imbeciles and the mentally ill to wave them around in public, do you? With rights comes responsibility.

In that same vein, the right to politically protected speech also comes with a certain level of responsibility. You don't allow a person that has no clue as to what the politically charged symbol of the Confederacy simply wave that symbol around inflaming passions and inciting people, for no other reason or purpose than he CAN. Because if that's the case, I can run around downtown bellowing insults using the "n-word" and claim that's protected speech also.

So clearly, some regulation is needed. Who then, is best suited to the job? The government? I say no. It's not the government's job to tell the people what language they can and cannot use when seeking "redress of grievances" against the government. One does not ask the fox how many of their chickens they are allowed to have.

So if it's not the government, then who? I see me. Private people, holding other people accountable for their politically protected speech. And if this guy wants to fly that flag, wave that symbol around, and yet have NO CLUE what it means (other than some vague notions and feelings of rebellion and corn whiskey), then I am going to inform him about how completely unqualified he is to display that symbol. Other people can, and he cannot, as he doesn't know what it means (doesn't care either) and is only flying it to draw attention to himself and get others stirred-up with no positive sociological objective besides that.

That's called "self-regulation" and "taking care of our own", something that most people are completely unfamiliar with, due to the fact that we've devolved into a mass of government dependent parasites incapable of independent analysis or action.

20. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    so this is a serious discussion now .............
    it belongs in jokes, jokes, jokes, imho..........
    i guess i must be out of touch....................
    i am a good boy, ma.................................
    because i never feed any animals in the zoo...
    i have read when i did my homework that they
    may die from it...........................................
    all those wicked plastics, and aerosols......................
    http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/88628-Troll-Spray.png