The Definitive Edition Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Install Media Project

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by babcocca, Jul 25, 2011.

1. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    #1 babcocca, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    Hello all!

I want to do a huge project. I want to do a definitive install media project aimed at installing from USB. I intend to have every version of windows 7 and server 2008 r2 that there is, all in one place. Every language pack as well. All the slics and certs too.

Here's the thing. I would like a way to have my media accept any key. I think that VLK keys will only work properly from VLK editions. Is that accurate? Is there a way to make either vlk work for retail editions or visa-versa? I'd like to have only one edition of this compendium.

Thanks!

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Search, Read and Learn...everything you aim on doing is explained and documented here.

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    1. Every certificate and key you mean. Already done
    2. It will take alot of space if you intend to have all language packs integrated to every index. Already done

Need to read;)

4. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    Yes, I realize that these things have been done but only to a point. I have yet to see anything like what I am describing. Do you guys think it will be more than 32GB?

Also, in regards to being told to search: Umm.. thanks. The answers I seek aren't quite spelled out. Maybe I could use some help?

So, pretty please, could someone who has sufficient knowledge let me know what the restrictions are?

Thanks!

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Also remember when integrating language packs to all versions, the language you choose to use wont be the only language instaleld but all other 35!
    So 35 extra packages will be installed..

6. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    Great!

Those links will be very useful. I have some experience already with what was discussed in those links. I made an evaluation AIO. It would be useful for those who dont have technet / want to do lots of labs and don't want to talk to ms for every key they activated over 10 times.

OK.

In regards to getting my question properly across, I must not be communicating well. I have problems with that.

Let me try again.

I need to know what keys work where for activation and is there a way to make the different activation methods live together.

It would be great to have this collection be able to be used legitamately.

Media Source | Key | Success
    Retail | Retail | Yes
    VLK | VLK | Yes
    OEM | OEM | Yes
    Technet | Technet | Yes
    Retail | VLK | ?
    Retail | OEM | ?
    Retail | Technet | ?
    VLK | Retail | ?
    VLK | OEM | ?
    VLK | technet | ?
    OEM | Retail | ?
    OEM | VLK | ?
    OEM | technet | ?

Any help is appreciated. Please also fill in anything I have missed.

Thanks! This should be a great project!

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Windows 7 and server 2008 r2 can be activated using OEMSLP so only Windows Loader OR OOBE.cmd with keys+cert is needed.
    And theres no real difference between retail and oem isos..only enterprise cant be activated by using oemslp so that'll need a mak key.

Just make an AIO with W7 and Server 2008 R2 and all other versions thats made of 7600 and W7's core.
    Adding vist/server 2008 wont work that well..

8. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    I want to do all the R2 variants + whs 2011.

9. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    tcntad: Soo... what about the difference between vl and retail? I am pretty sure that one cannot use vl media with a retail key and visa versa.

10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    That is pretty obvious :)
    VL Has to be activated using KMS (MAK Key? or are they different?)

That is implented in the OS im sure off.

11. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    Mmmm... ok folks. So far it looks like there will be two editions. One for OEM/Technet/Retail and another for Volume License. That sound about right?

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    If you want too sure:)
    Otherwise you CAN integrate them all to one ISO but you cant use windows loader to preactivate windows.

13. babcocca

babcocca MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2011
    I dont want to use windows loader at all. Its a legit project.

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Of course, let me remind you can use WL and setupcomplete to only activate computers with slic 2.1. It would still be 100% legit.