The dreaded Windows 7 not genuine message after doing system repair.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by greyhnd, Dec 5, 2012.

1. greyhnd

greyhnd MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2011
    Hello folks and good day.

I have Win7 Ultimate installed in a dual boot with WinXP. I'm in the process of removing the WinXP install and running only Win7.

I used Partition Wizard to make the Win7 partition Primary and to mark it as Active. I also had to run the Win7 Repair Disk in order to rebuild the MBR. I originally used the Daz Loader for my installation and the install has worked perfectly ever since.

Is it as simple as running the loader again to add it to the MBR? Will I have to activate it again thru MS? Want to make sure I do this properly so I don't screw up my Win7 install.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. greyhnd

greyhnd MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2011
    #2 greyhnd, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    (OP)
    tonto11 - Thanks for your reply. I just ran the loader again and it seems all is well now. I didn't activate thru Microsoft this time, just ran the loader again and now it shows Win7 as licensed and my warning has disappeared.

And a side note.....I have a 5 yr old greyhound named Tonto....actually Oshkosh Tonto was his racing name. He raced at Southland Greyhound Park in W. Memphis, AR and did quite well. Thought you might find that little tidbit interesting.