The "Game" with Telemetry in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Feb 7, 2016.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. #Hardware-Firewall

Only a matter which hardware ...

my 'ai' hardware learns/make's job itself :)

3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    The telemetry is why I love Windows 10. It makes life much easier. The cloud is awesome, and I love it. I use the telemetry to my advantage, and it is the way of the future. Seriously, it is because of telemetry that Windows 10 leaves all the other OSes in the dust.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bberkey1

bberkey1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Interesting. How do you use the telemetry to your advantage? Of course, you only see telemetry being demonized around the web, but it would be interesting to hear a counter argument as to how someone could use it to their advantage as you say and why it is beneficial to the use.

5. ctx3

ctx3 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2015
    People are so paranoid about this whole telemetry that they go out of their way to remove it and they come back saying they have to reinstall the OS!.
    Hey.. News flash.. No matter what you try to do, your not gonna remove it from Windows 10. Ok.

Srsly.. And It makes me sad to see some people switch to Linux or MAC because their so paranoid. Obviously Microsoft has to collect telemetry, which is crash logs and feedback and all that. Who the hell thinks their gonna snoop on documents and your personal files and all that junk.
    All your other devices like your cellphone have telemetry, ok.

Honestly.. Get a hold of yourself. If your that paranoid, go turn off your internet, and if you want, keep your tinfoil hats lol.. :worthy:

Windows 10 is and will continue to be the best OS, even with the telemetry

6. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    win 3.1 ,xp, 7 ,8 8.1, 10 all have been hacked or cracked so are we saying nobody is going to hack or crack future versions 10.a 10.b 10.c for some reason pay as you go is un :rolleyes:hackable or uncrackable really?

7. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
  8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008

Not really Windows but along the same lines. Adobe has gone pay as you go. Many folk are running the brand new Adobe CC apps. They have not paid and have gone.

If Windows does go down this line, some clever sod will hack it.

9. supersonic124

supersonic124 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2014
    Why are you such a shill?

10. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Just to be sure: This is irony, yes?

11. COA Threshold & Redstone: >= 11/16 impossible ...

You get the key (gatherosstate.exe) but not 'door-lock' (activation svr)

& now only Super Bowl 50 live ... :)

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    All Modem's I know and/or checked for features, are to limited in their functions and could never do what a real Hardware-Firewall could do, and those in the OP mentioned Smootwall Express and PFSense are nothing els than a Hardware-Firewall! Just using Smoothwall Express, PFSense or software alike, is much more cheap (and even better) then a Factory build Hardware-Firewall like the Cisco, Netscreen and others, whos cost go into the thousands of Bucks!!

Before talking about the use of the Modems Firewall, check out first what you really could do with it. The amount od data which you may could put into the Modems Firewall are much to limited! Also defining the Rules for either Incoming and Outgoing Traffic are simply impossible beside of the already put frames and therefore very limited as well. For to control the whole area which will be affected by Telemetry, there is also much more need of other function, a Firewall Software and/or a Modem would ever provide.

Who're really interested into the real figures of how real Hardware-Firewall are working, should really take the time to get the needed knowledge, best, directly from the Manufacturer and Developer.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May you please stop with your NONSENSE Post's. Post topic related only! Thanks.