The Great WINDOWS 8 Give away

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Puffingmad, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    Its great MS have decided to let us all have a copy for free.

I cant help help wondering if MS have done this on purpose

With the cheap upgrade price most ppl will buy a legit copy anyway the percentage of us that choose to play for free is so small that it wont affect MS profits at all

They might have leaked the kms key knowing that some would be able to create a kms server and knowing that WMC key would activate it properly

This way MS make sure we are all using there software and keep a bigger hold on the market not letting competitors get the users that don't want to pay

I am by no means saying this is true but it is food for thought :p

Regards

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    They are selling it dirt cheap because they know it is a tough sell.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. French frog

French frog MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi

Why not writing a letter to Microsoft and tell them that this tip has leaked :(

you remember DreamSpark. (nbr junior international)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    This is purely speculation and stating no more info that is already available in nearly every active post today

5. French frog

French frog MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2012
    No comment....
    regard

6. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    To be honest I find it strange that that merely stating what is already in title of other active posts such a problem it is meant to be subject of discussion if you relay think that MS cant see what's going on from the other threads floating around today then you don't have your eyes open

7. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Competitors?

What competitors. Linux? Apple? :(Today, the only competition is at the patent register office. MS won that game a long time ago. Try to buy a PC without any OS on it...goodlucko_O

8. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    #8 Puffingmad, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    (OP)
    I here what your saying but it is good business scene to make sure everyone is using your product

9. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    And every now and then bring something new(er) So people keep using your product...And for now, i will try windows 8 for 30€..:)

10. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    So having the money to buy apple automatically makes you want to burn it?

11. =)(=

=)(= Guest

They sell it cheap because they don't want it to end up like Vista :cool:

12. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hahaha...Maybe they sell it cheap because Windows 7 is that good....o_O

13. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    Ms are trying to get us all used to there new METRO interface it would make scene to sell it cheap and make it easy to obtain the more ppl use it the more there product dominates the market

14. Luigi79

Luigi79 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2012
    I believe that something "BIG" is comming!!!Why MS first time announced 39,99$ license price for upgrading,then is comming the incrustable "PROMO CODE" ONLY 13,99$!!!!!!!WOWWW:confused:o_O.Peoples look around:what you can buy for 13,99$ from any store(almost nothing),look at windows 7 license prices.look at vista license prices;and now the new built OS has a CHEAP PRICE;what do you thing MS is SANTA CLAUS?i dont thing sow;something is hidding in darknnes;why some people here say that the upgrade is working without legit windows 7 license?what is hidding in this "UPGRADE ADVISOR"?why do you need help from this ugrade advisor(anybody know what arhitecture is needed for his PC x86 or x64).Sorry for my bad english!All the best for you guys!Luigi

15. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    What are you trying to say. Sorry but your comment makes no sense.

16. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    When you think of it MS already have the new PC market sown up, 99.999% of ppl will only use legitimate installations or windows it would make sense to let the rest of us have a go for free, keeping there hold on the market as big as possible

17. robonzio

robonzio MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Maybe they give it away with the prupose of free mouth to mouth propaganda. A lot of people will spread the word how good or bad windows 8 is and friends of windows 8 users can test it on their friends computer without to install it. The best commercial for the new UI and maybe just so people get used to it till Windows 9

18. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    Low price is what those who pirate their software have been asking for and they delivered, i've seen many say they'll pay the 14.99, i'm one of them and i never pay for software but at this price i'll gladly ante up 15 bucks!

19. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Remembering that this upgrade key don't have any support from the Microsoft and can be activated for a limited time only.

I particularly like of the Upgrade Promo. The received key seems to have the full support from the Microsoft as FPP copy.

20. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    #20 Puffingmad, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    (OP)
    I am not saying that they have done this intentionally we will never know but it dose seem that if this wasn't intentional its big loophole in there security that they have overlook'd

This is all just speculation