The new Mac Pro is a Joke!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by digiquandry, Jun 5, 2019.

1. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    apple products are way over priced and people still pay for them....american consumer is dumb.

3. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    not sure who the major demographic is for apple...but whoever/ wherever that is....they are certainly getting screwed royally.

I just bought a new phone this month...a mid-tier LG model....cost me $200.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    If I am correct this is not targeted at or meant for the general consumers but corporations that have the financial backings to purchased them for use.

5. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    As opposed to consumers elsewhere in the world, who are, collectively, a genius lot.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well i been in many medium to large companies and very few are running mac on their networks.

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    theirs dumb people every were thats how apple became one of the riches companies on the planet ;)

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I think it's more about the illusion of status than anything else. For some reason, Apple people think they're the elite
    because they wasted money on an overpriced computer or cell phone.

Whatever happened to "A penny saved is a penny earned". ???

I'm sorry to say that this mindset has gone the way of the dinosaur.

@Hadron-Curious: Nice to see you around. :)

So far, I've only seen one small business that uses Apple. The Laundromat by me.

Most corporations would rather use Windows Server as it's been in service for many years.

Apple still dominates with regards to apps like Photoshop. That's more than likely because of the graphic displays.

9. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
  10. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Thank you for the kind gesture, madam.

I read Facebook uses Mac OS and tens of thousand of corporations around the world.

I read Facebook uses Mac OS and tens of thousand of corporations around the world.

11. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    #13 rayleigh_otter, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    It looks like a cheese grater on stilts. and its fecking ugly too. Least its not glass and rgb.
    If it was just a pc case i still wouldnt buy it.

12. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    When I complain about Apple products among my friends they usually call me out and say I have a gripe with Apple products because I cannot afford them(I used MacBook in the past) and that I am cheapskate. I always tell them it is not about the price per se but the specifications relative to the price.

13. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    You ever seen those Louis Rossman videos on youtoob about reparing apple stuff and the dirty tricks their shops use? Thats why i wouldny buy apple.

14. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    facebook is based on design of their social netwok that not your regular company ...yes many business use them for design or music industry...i seen facebook head quarters their running lots Dells... heres a look inside facebook in US and Brazil for each Mac theirs one thousand Dells...Mac will never dominate thin client market;)

Attached Files:

15. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    find out what the movie studios, production and media/advertising companies use and then you will see the hundreds of millions they pay regularly for flash disk and high end hardware and huge internet pipes to transfer/transport files and raw data across the world when needed :) last decade has seen huge spike in billionaires and kids getting lots of wealth and inheritance worldwide and all that fake money in communist countries so you have seen a spike in high end products to market as the rich spend like water and air unlike us frugal cheapskates that know better :)

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Regarding those corporate Apple Users, that are mainly companies which are using mainly Vector Graphics and companies in the various Print Businesses, which includes also companies dealing with News and Publications and Journalists etc. Even today, most printing machines are based and using Vector Graphics. Most used personal computers are based on using Pixel Graphics.

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Universities and collages are big on Apple too. Of the folks I know of that work at the Uni near me, it's all Apple until retirement and then it is M$ after that.

18. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    In my experience never saw a classic Engineer use a Apple for whatsoever calc & design.