The Office Repository

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Smorgan, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #1 Smorgan, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #2 Smorgan, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    (OP)
    OK we are good to go!

All Repositories are functional. They need a bit of work but looks good for now. I'll do some more maintenance in the coming day.

Ok next step will be to overhaul the Repo information for each of them. When I created the orginal Office 2010 Repository I made it by reverse engineering Office 2010 while noticing a significant licensing shift from Office 2007.

In other words I'm going to go through each of the sections inside the Repo's to skim over what is no longer useful. Along with that the licensing portion which will be added to each repo. I actually find the amount of information inside of each Repo lacking now.

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Any other changes besides the license functionality that needs work?

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    This thread hasn't generated that much attention but O well.

I'm going to go ahead and type up the Licensing stuff now.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Replies: 3
    Views: 1,684

1,684 views say you hit the nail on the head (or 1,684 views fainted?) Looks fine, and many will make use of it. Just remember a majority - probably vast -strictly come for downloads not knowledge. This is great for those who want to know, and for those who download and then come back because they failed at their attempts :yes:

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I'm going to add the Office 2013 licensing section pretty soon as I need to take it from my notes. It basically is the Windows licensing because they merged Office and Windows in terms of licensing for Office 2013.

I've been on break from OEM pack stuff as my procrastination of it continues lol.

7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    As I really don't spend a lot of time on this site anymore, I know a lot of information in my post is outdated (mainly dead links). I fully support rolling it into one. I'll edit the top of my post to link to this one. As far as I'm concerned the information for Office 2010 is mature. We know all the methods now, so any developments will be on new versions of Office (aside from updating links that go dead). I don't have any interest in newer versions of Office, so I won't really contribute as far as that.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Any contribution is welcome man. I'm busy rolling up the OEM packs into a gold standard for all Operating Systems from Windows Vista forward. I wish I had more time to dedicate to the Office repository stuff. That being said the information is out of date which is easy enough to fix. I just wanted to add the Office licensing system details. I wanted a road map on how it matured over the years :)

9. smokozuna

smokozuna MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    Brilliant Thread, Executed Perfectly.

Thank You!

10. smokozuna

smokozuna MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    #10 smokozuna, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    What do we gain from activating a VL copy of Office?

Seeing as it does not go into RFM why bother activating it?

Also didn't MS make 2007 and below essentially free? If I remember correctly there is no activation against a server anymore for editions 2007 and below. I think MS shut down the server.

11. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    @ smokozuna,

For activating a VL copy of Office you don't need to provide different keys because the KMS server will do most everything for you.

@ Activating it merely makes it genuine to use and frees you from the trial license.

@ Office 2007. Office 2007 still cost money to buy however its licensing is done via local for the volume licensing. That means you are correct in that the server for Volume is down however retail it is still up.

Also added relevant information concerning Office 2016 Tech Preview for Businesses and IT.

12. ghazimustafa

ghazimustafa MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2013
    @smorgan

Great thread as it gives history, links and further developments. Thanks and keep sharing.

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I have been delayed in terms of updating this thread by school stuff. Along with OEM pack shenanigans.

14. Blueingreen

Blueingreen MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2015
    #14 Blueingreen, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hey, Smorgan.
    As you might already know, the script to convert Office 16 Tech Preview to Volume which has been shared here does not work with the latest build (3930.1004), because the "Licences" folder in install directory has been renamed to "Licences16".
    Here it is, with that simple fix:

Code:
    @echo off
    Title Office 2016 Volume License Converter
    echo Press Enter to Execute Conversion of Office 2016 to VLK
    pause
    :ADMIN
    openfiles >nul 2>nul ||(
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" >nul 2>&1
    goto:eof
    )
    del /f /q "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" >nul 2>nul
    pushd "%~dp0"
    cd "%SystemRoot%\System32"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_KMS_Client-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_KMS_Client-ul.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_KMS_Client-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_MAK-pl.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_MAK-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_MAK-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProPlusVL_MAK-ul-phn.xrm-ms"

cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_KMS_Client-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_KMS_Client-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_KMS_Client-ul.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_MAK-pl.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_MAK-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_MAK-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\ProjectProVL_MAK-ul-phn.xrm-ms"

cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_KMS_Client-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_KMS_Client-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_KMS_Client-ul.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_MAK-pl.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_MAK-ppd.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_MAK-ul-oob.xrm-ms"
    cscript slmgr.vbs /ilc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Licenses16\VisioProVL_MAK-ul-phn.xrm-ms"

cd "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16"

echo Office 2013 Professional Plus KMS Key
    cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:*****-GVGXT

echo Office 2013 Project Professional KMS Key
    cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:*****-2342K

echo Office 2013 Visio Professional KMS Key
    cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:*****-RM3B3

pause
    echo You may now activate Office 2016 via your preferred KMS Solution.
    echo.
    echo Press Enter to Quit.
    pause
    exit

Thank you for your commitment and time.

15. goodmorning

goodmorning MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    Thanks, lot of info I can use for my Office 16

16. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I used a 365 key ha..ha..ha..

17. Blueingreen

Blueingreen MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Well, 28/68 adware/trojan detections are a pretty good score.

18. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #19 ratzlefatz, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. harajukakei

harajukakei MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2015
    any body still have a mirror of Office Professional Hybrid 2007 iso ?