The Official Translation Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Josh Cell, May 1, 2013.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    After some time with English spelling mistakes, I have to create this thread to anyone help the MDL Members with any translation thing, like text revision, spelling fixes or grammar issues in any language that is needed a text revision. The texts can be posted with the CODE tag...

I am able to do from English to PT-BR natively since I am from Brazil, but not the reverse with accuracy because my English things is fully self-taught and I always try to skip the Google Translator in my texts.

I also have texts to translate from my website that I will post below, if anyone with English experience help me, I will thank it out.. :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #2 Josh Cell, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    I will start posting the Advanced Tokens Manager app description that with sure will need of English revisions:

Code:
    Already fixed.
    Thanks for any help. :hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    #3 user_hidden, May 1, 2013
    here is a quick correction, maybe someone can check it for a second look.
    a few sentences I did not understand.

Code:
    Advanced Tokens Manager is an easy to use application that helps you with Windows and Office activation backup and restore.

About:

Advanced Tokens Manager is a safer application that helps you with the Windows and Office Activation Backup and Restore.
    Microsoft imposes one limit of activations online and by phone for all licenses on your products.
    This application is able to make the full backup of all activation data stored on the computer for a trusted restore without damage or modification of the activation system.

Features:

Activation restore success rate is 100% if the new product edition is the same from backup and the copy is clean installed.
    Preserve the Hardware ID Master Generation Key for sensitive license channels when it is activated by Phone.
    Use the same backup to restore the activation status infinitely on the same hardware.
    Do not take ownership of any activation file backup / restoring the file properties.
    Activate the product from x86 to x64 and vice versa when using the same product edition.
    Install a fresh product windows copy with newer service packs and updates.
    Stores all activation details for a trusted activation restore.
    All product license activation channels are fully-supported.
    Check if the detected ProductKey matches with the installed license.
    Backup integrity checker with CRC32 of all backed-up files.
    Check if the backup is valid for the product Edition.
    Force the restore reinstalling files from tokens.dat.
    Update your drivers without loosing activation.
    Refresh the drivers before the restore.
    Application log for activation restore.
    Static Product ID after activated.

Instructions:

You must have the correct SLIC (Software Licensing Description Table) for OEM activations.
    Online and Phone activations will be instantly activated after restore.
    Do not have major changes on the computer hardware.
    Windows 8 and Office 2013 have the same activation system, so the backup is saved in one place called of 'Activation Backup', that stores all license data for Windows and Office.
    For the Windows 8 and Office 2010 or Windows 7 with the Office 2013 or 2010, the backup is made separately called 'Windows Activation Backup' and 'Office Activation Backup' respectively.
    Is needed to install the Windows and Office 2013 for restore their activation on a Windows 8 system.

* All backup data is stored on the root of the application in separate folders.

* Limited activations that have grace period is not supported. In other words, only permanent activations are supported for Windows and Office.

* For Upgrade Activations, the installation of a Retail copy of the Operating System is required. In other words, you will get problems restoring an upgrade activation on a Volume License copy.

* If you have restarted the computer during the restore, the network adapters may not will work properly. You need to activate your network adapter in the Device Manager.

* It is advised that the same driver status from backup be used for restore to avoid any problems on the activation.

Sorry, the Product Key not match error:

The application did not detected the correct Product Key in the registry and you need to enter it manually.
    Product Key is required for correct Activation Restore, the Product Key is stored on Config.ini file.
    If the error appears, you need to enter the Product Key manually for a proper restore.
    Primarily occurs with MAK Product Keys that are hidden from the Registry.
    Are the last five characters of the real Product Key detected.

If the restore did not activate the system:

The Operating System has detected a blacklisted product key and has blocked the activation.
    The Operating System has detected major hardware changes and has blocked the activation.
    The Operating System did not detect a valid SLIC Table for OEM Activations.

Backup Compatibility:

Windows 8 Family
    Windows 7 Family
    Windows Vista Family
    Windows Server 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Family
    Microsoft Office Family from 2010 to 2013
    * All editions, versions and Service Packs.
    * Requires .NET Framework v4.0.

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #4 Josh Cell, May 1, 2013
    (OP)
    Hey, thanks a lot!!

Soon I will release the new website with all the things OK and I need to make English fixes before.

So if anyone can review this little text I will like a lot. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Code:
    Already fixed.

5. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    #5 user_hidden, May 1, 2013
    try this but as always maybe someone else should check on it as well.....

Code:
    StartOnDesktop will enable the Desktop to be displayed at every logon instead of the Metro Start Screen of Windows 8.

About:
    On Windows 8 systems, the first screen that appears at every logon is the Metro Start Screen, preventing the standard desktop to load startup applications, making the process a little slow for some machines.
    After thinking about it, the StartOnDesktop tool was created. StartOnDesktop can cleanly enable or disable with one click, the Metro Start Screen from logon without touching, modifying or tampering with any files.
    The process is simple and requires no restart, just open the application and click on the 'Enable' button!

Features:
    No external program, service or task is created, only a little modification to one registry key.
    Instant processing without requiring a restart, the feature is enabled or disabled with on button click.
    Only touches one registry entry that stores the logon files. The explorer.exe is doubly started to skip the Metro Start Screen.
    Undo the changes at any time just by clicking on the 'Disable' button.
    Immersive applications will continue working after the operation.
    No possibility of damage to the system.
    StartOnDesktop can be enabled or disabled at any time!
    Too small! Only ~40KB compressed.

Compatibility:
    Windows 8 Client and Server.
         * All Editions / Versions, including x64 systems.
         * Requires .NET Framework v4.0. Is included on Windows 8 natively.
         * This software has been hard-tested on several machines on all supported operating systems versions.

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Okay so, thanks for user_hidden, he has helped me a lot with all the spelling fixes and being possible to release the new website around the world.

Much Grateful,

Michel Oliveira.

7. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    Hi all,

I think I missed this thread as I was thinking of this for some time. I work as a translator from English into Arabic and wanted to offer you my "Free" help in case any MDL developer needs to globalize his work/applications. So, I can localize your applications/software from English language into [my native language] Arabic language.

I will try to spare time and effort for my lovely MDL Forum :) Note: I work in a company and as a freelance translator, so, I might be late in reply to you, so, if it happens, please excuse me.

Just PM me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you :)

Mohamed