The right to complain

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KnowledgeableNewbie, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    just an observation not a criticism. everyone has the right to disable the keylogger or feed back as they see fit, that is a given. here is what rubs me the wrong way. the EULA states that data will be collected, although it doesn't state what or how much. this should be a red flag to everyone, but they agree any ways. remember this is a Technical Preview. usually meant for developers to install on a barebones system to see what works and what doesn't ( hardware, drivers, MS features etc. ). nothing detrimental to keylog or get from these machines. now we throw the average user into the mix. they install as the main OS on a computer with all their personal files, extra hard drives, USB sticks, their cloud storage, etc. etc. knowing that every little bit of data is being collected. granted it is everyones god given right to complain, but come on use some common sense. put it in a VM, or better still a computer with nothing else, test it as it was meant to be tested, and send feedback on OS specific things that need to be fixed, not what our personal preferences are, or what we would like included or excluded. IMHO if you install as a main OS on your main computer with all your stuff, you have no right to complain, since you did so at your own risk. myself, i installed it on my computer as second OS in a dual boot. didn't like what i saw so i uninstalled it. a few programs didn't work and it screwed up some of the permissions on my partitions. cleaned my HD, repartitioned, and went back to my old OS. may try a VM again, but will continue to monitoring the forum to gain knowledge so i can solve any problems myself before asking for a solution. just as an aside, my opinion is that this should have been given a minor build number ( 8.2 ) and not a major build number. aside from a few tweaks and maybe a few new apps or programs, it's not a major revision from 8.1. i must admit though, from my limited testing, it was a little bit faster. ok, let the flaming begin. :eek:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Just keep typing "Get a life Microsoft and stop spying on what I'm typing" into notepad

Everyone does that 100 times a day until RTM, they'll get the message

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Had it running in a VM but binned it after a day or so. Nothing more than an (at the moment) horrible new start menu bolted onto Win 8.1 with a few tweaks here and there. It's much to early to be talking of this TP as a "new" Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    I would think that anyone who did not want MS to know what's on their drives, and how they use the system, would just go to the Task Scheduler and disable the task below. Problem solved....
    [h=1]"Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector"[/h]

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    I'm a great person too! Let me stand behind you with a video camera to watch your computer habits now :cool:

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I've got nothing to hide for microsoft but I preffer my privicy not been violated ;)

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    one day they well invite you as a fangirl :laie:

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Guess depends on how you look at it here in europe they had too pay many fines for violating rules :D

10. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I think the Gov's which force ISP's to store data for at least 6 (?) month and the courts which are allowing all pseudo-copyright-layers to have a look into that data, that are the really bad guys.

After I used eMule for maybe 2 weeks in Oz and started a game-download, which I never finished, I got via my ISP an e-mail with very precise protocols and an attached infringement notice from the US-based game-dev / publisher.

I had to visit a special website, where I had to promise that I had deleted every illegal content from my system, including eMule and that I would never ever do something like that again, otherwise they would pull me in front of the court and my ISP would kick me out of the contract.

So US-based companies are spying on Aussies with the help of Aussies ?

Why should I be then concerned about M$ spying on me ?

:tea:

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I live in Holland and also here are the rules changing it was never prohibed to donwload illigal content and now they pulled up a law that it is forbidden Haha I guess even politicians feel the heat of big compagnies who want to let you to pay for every fart they let out :D

12. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    NO, WRONG. You DONT have the right to disable any keylogger they plant. In any case, you tweek the OS to disable ONE of the feedback they have INSTALLED BY DEFAULT AND WITHOUT ANY CHANCES TO DISABLED IT OR OPT-OUT.
    And they DONT HAVE THE RIGHT to TAKE, as an excuse, ALL YOUR PRIVATE DATA. If I were in a big company I would force to ALL my employees to NOT TO INSTALL ANY M$ PRODUCT, EVER. There are FREE and TRUSTED alternatives. If the german goverment said its INSECURE, when they were talking about 8, imagine now...

13. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    privacy is most basic law u cant make Eula to app with keylogger enabled without able to disable it

its must be knowledge the user and be able to choose options after install the app

Microsoft way is unlawful

Windows 10 TH right now is like Keylogger app cos there no option to disable it

EULA is not way to bypass the law
    the law still apply in this situation

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're wrong!

First at all: Windows 10 TP isn't a product sold by Microsoft, it is still 100% owned by MS who gave the User's no more that than the allowance for to use and test it for free under the supervision of the developer (MS!) and according to the attached EULA.
    Even that OS is sold as finished product, it's NOT the product (the OS) which is sold, just the License for to use as long as the user abite to the attached License Agreement! Nobody owns onwe of the software they ever bought, just the license for use it, with one exception only: You're the developer of that software you use!
    None of the License Agreements and EULA's are unlawful, even if we feel like that!

If you don't like that and/or think that's unlawful, it's just up to you to use or deny to use it and file/open an Law case against the developer, is as easy as that.

Good Luck.

16. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #16 LiteOS, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    its doesn't matter what EULA says or its not finished product and not for sell

apps shouldn't be with keylogger build-in
    apps + keylogger => keylogger ... unlawful

and no matter what the reason

if its for NSA's reasons like save the plant from catastrophe,economic depression WW3....
    its more then premitable

privacy is basic law cant be bend to other contracts like EULA or any kind of form
    its always should be knowledge to user and have ability to choose

its like i have service u want/need
    and i tell u if u want it i have to place cameras in ur house

the cameras in the house always need to be insulate from anything

17. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I installed it on my spare computer, ran it for a couple of days and had a few problems with it, then removed it after letting send info about crashes to ms :cool: , I then ran my acronus and redid my old sys until another upgrade on 10 mabe in dec or jan and try again, now I agree to let ms monitor programs and hardware on their test systems because it improves the finished product !! isn't this what everybody wants !! o_O why would you save nude pictures of your girlfriend on a test system or any thing else for that matter !!! I would be more concerned about the finished product spying on me so quit bitching about a test product and worry about the finished product :mad:

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, you're still totally wrong: You do NOT have any Right on something which isn't your's! Period!

Only, and really only if you're the Owner of something, you could tell What to do with it, or How, or What it could include, or What should not be inside and, and, and!

That is simple basic law! Which will all time overturn the law of Privacy!

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    IMHO actually nobody really can agree with the EULA and to go on installing w10 TP. Why?
    Because nobody really knows what exactly is transferred. So how can one judge about at all without to know what it is? How can one accept / deny something without to know what it is?

Nobody really can judge if it is spying, 'paranoia', 'OK'....
    I have no problem with the idea to integrate a feature that transfers information how I use a product to help developers to improve it. These are personal data, because they include personal results (how I personally use it, which hardware, how long, which apps....), so it concerns privacy!!!

I want to have a look at what it exactly is and then to decide if I submit!!!
    I have to presume that they are not interested that the end user knows what it is and that's why I say it is spyware.

I don’t care about the EULA of M$. It is an US American company, but the laws where I live are made by the local lawmakers, I have to care about those alone.

And it is M$ who wants to have something from me! My help for their product, so they have to disclose what they transfer!

So I have taken my consequences and have decided not to install it.

20. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #20 LiteOS, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    if i want to change something i will
    cos that my system
    its my cpu my resources i choose what i want to run and what not
    if i wanna block ads from working to save power , cpu cycles i can
    and if i like to block something from running cos what reason i think i will and i allow

if i choose to stop the system to write something to disk i can
    and send to internet i can and allow

cos my internet is mine and resources is mine

ur believe system is pointless