The Roswell Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by R29k, Sep 3, 2013.

1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Maybe I am behind the times, but I just got through reading an interesting book called The Day After Roswell by Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso. You can read the book here if you like.
    To those unfamiliar with the Roswell Incident you can find more info here. Very interesting read and it ties in quite nicely with things that have happened and things that will happen.
    Would be interesting to hear other views on this ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    well. my thoughts, for what they are worth..

hoaxes are of all times...
    they have got some things in common, usually..
    - there is no hard, irrefutable evidence.
    - someone makes a lot of money out of it.
    the name of erich von däniken springs to mind
    here...

the roswell incident has the added complication
    that the sources are mostly from the us govt...
    and their credibility is below zero, imo..

just my two cents.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OCP

OCP MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Roswell is the conspiracy that keeps on giving, if you've got a book or movie to offer.

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    :nsa: Roswell was made up to distract from other government activities. And it worked!:nsa:

5. Dr.Bender

Dr.Bender MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    I think a lot of people will be shocked when the truth comes out.

6. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Silly me. I thought it was made up to distract from the lack of government activities.

7. Phreack

Phreack MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2014
    Blowing little things out of proportion with bureaucratic mystery is nothing new, it is most definitely a hoax that ended up acting in the government's favour.

8. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I am personally shocked at the amount of conspiracy theorists on this board.
    I wish I could make all of you theorists take a polygraph to see if even *you* believe what you are saying.

9. KnowledgeableNewbie

KnowledgeableNewbie MDL Member

Sep 30, 2014
    are we that conceited or naive to think that we are the only lifeforms in the universe. one theory i heard years ago was that we could be nothing but ameoba in a petrie dish under someon's microscope. hmmmmmmmm!