The state Duma asks Moscow to ban the use of Windows 10. For Some Reason (yikes)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

2. ifvrt12

ifvrt12 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    They ban whatever they please. They even consider to ban Wikipedia now.

3. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

mmmmm could China be next? to scrap Windows ten?

4. ifvrt12

ifvrt12 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    It's actually worse then China, in its' own way. They don't just ban "harmful" content, they ban everything whatever they please.

They passed the law under cover of "child protection"-kind-of-thing, which would allow them to ban pedo content, suicide promoting sites and drug trades. In reality, it's being hugely misused by banning corruption exposure, IT-related stuff, political content, and informational articles about drugs (i.e medical descriptions of drug effects, or how/where they are produced).
    Almost no serious stuff is blocked, especially not underground pedo content, which everone thought they will be blocking.

5. manix

manix MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2012
    I expect Windows 10 bans to begin to happen in even more "open" countries.

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

I am not surprised at all, and I have a few friends and I been told Windows XP is completely controlling the computing industry in China and XP will be around for a million years... seems Windows XP has found a permeant home after all...and that's a good thing in many fronts as I am concerned.

7. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Me too, that's a given Windows 8 started all this...

8. jupp

jupp MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    #8 jupp, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Who cares what they ban or not ban.. Masses of pirates use this s*it anyway. :worthy: And they shoud ban all other M$ systems as well as these getting more and more "telemetry" features too. :biggrin:

9. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

You wouldn't want to be caught when the law/ban is in full force, you can kiss your left or right hand that uses the mouse bye bye, and country's that make law or ban things within their countries, bye bye mouse hand...

They are not joking when their laws have been crossed in some places...

You have one more chance with the other hand if you want to risk it.

10. manix

manix MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2012
    The thing is, once big governments and corporations move away from Windows and migrate to Linux, Microsoft can't get them back. Ever. It's just not going to happen. Any big customer they lose to Linux they are losing permanently and forever.
    Only we, the small customers, are dependent on Windows, mostly because we want to run all the "popular" and "cool" software. Governments don't have this problem, if they want some software they hire people to write it.

11. onepic

onepic MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    #11 onepic, Aug 23, 2015
    99.99% UE will ban Windows 10 for governmental use.

12. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

The thing about Linux is, it could be turned evil over night and at anytime...

what I am saying, the internet will never again be a free for all and a great big party its the way of how this modern world is today everything does change, and used to be for the better, but not anymore...everyone use uses the Internet is in risk in one way or form.

Look at it this way: A Very Big Glass Pond of Fresh Water and each and everyone of us have been thrown into this pound and you do the math and homework from there... its simple...to get it clearly.

13. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Its a Given one by one before year end they will opt out and ban the writing is on the wall since Windows 8 that started this game

14. ifvrt12

ifvrt12 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    My place where I work still use heavily modified WinXP for sensetive information.
    With sensetive, I mean sensetive enough to isolate them from internet, inside their own network and strictly controlled remote-desktop internet access. Some less classified PCs use Windows 7 Enterprise.
    I can't image my company to migrate to Windows 10 after all the spying intrigue - they would not care to risk it.

So yea, MS lost some customers this way, for sure.

15. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Most folks think Windows XP is dead, Boy of Boy what do they know. Windows XP will be around for many years plus M$ has confirmed with China and Russia that these two areas will be provided major patch support till further notice...

16. jupp

jupp MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    #16 jupp, Aug 23, 2015
    i really wish for brain-washed russians good luck then. it seems stalin's times is back in there. :death: no serious governments use m$ software anyway for important tasks.

17. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    they do have a point win10 private and security issue.....is kind of alarming.:rolleyes:

18. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i agree xp is a OS that u can pretty much run it for ever:D

19. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Very much so! plus Mister Snowden is and will be a long time guest singing like a bird I am not moved or surprised at all these days.

20. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Most of the major heavy duty coding and compiling is only done with Windows XP and Seven in all of the Labs within IT.